At CLA we create inspired careers .
We recognize that not everyone wants to grow their career paths in the same way. That’s why CLA exists to create opportunities . We promise to know you and help you.
We are seeking Tax/Audit Associates for our Orlando, FL office. As an Associate, you will provide audit and tax services to clients, with a primary focus on developing expertise within a specific industry. You will utilize your accounting educational background and internship experience to assist in all stages of an engagement or project; most commonly review engagements, procedures engagements, or basic tax issues, providing support and leverage to seniors and others.
- Performs the detail work of audits, reviews, some compilations, and other assurance service for clients.
- Collects and analyzes data to detect deficient controls, duplicated effort, fraud, or non-compliance with laws, regulations, and management policies.
- Supports multiple client engagements on time and within budget, identifying issues and communicating progress and audit results to supervisors.
- Prepares and reviews tax returns with the tax team.
- Handles routine client tax questions and works with client to collect necessary information for tax return completion and compliance.
- Completes tax related research and special projects as needed.
- Gains experience, exposure, and knowledge in one or more industries.
- Expands industry knowledge through greater exposure to peers, internal experts, clients, regular self-study, and formal training opportunities.
- Passion for doing impactful work, accountability for actions, initiative to make visions a reality, integrity that places honesty and trust above all else, professionalism, and conscientiousness.
- General knowledge of accounting principles and/or regulations impacting each engagement or project, financial markets, analysis and reporting of financial data.
- Experience with Pfx Fixed Assets, GoFileRoom, Pfx Engagement, Pfx Tax, preferred.
- Proficient with Microsoft (MS) Windows and Office products.
- Previous accounting internship preferred.
- Reliable transportation and ability to travel to client sites.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field.
- Working to obtain CPA designation. Eligible to sit for the exam.
CLA exists to create opportunities for our people, our clients, and our communities. We are a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer . All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability status, protected veteran status, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Click here to learn about your hiring rights.