At CLA we create inspired careers .
We recognize that not everyone wants to grow their career paths in the same way. That’s why CLA exists to create opportunities . We promise to know you and help you.
This is why we’ve created our Business Operations (BizOps) practice!
If you answer YES to these questions, then our BizOps practice could be a great fit for you!
- Do you have an accounting background but are bored of doing the same tasks each month for just one company?
- Do you crave variety in the type of work you do and the clients you serve?
- Do you like to travel to clients and thrive during face-to-face interactions?
- Do you want the stability and backing of a top 10 national firm?
CLA is looking to hire an Assistant Controller/Controller for our growing BizOps practice in Raleigh, NC.
As an Assistant Controller/Controller you will:
- Act as the Assistant Controller for the designated clients you service.
- Take on the role of consultant and advisor to your clients on best practices for accounting and finance-related engagements.
- Provide project management expertise by managing multiple clients, work, and deadlines.
- Prepare and analyze client financial statements and make recommendations.
- Foster and build opportunities for our clients, communities, and people.
- Become an industry professional and attend industry-leading events and trainings.
- Maintain knowledge of the client’s organizational policies and procedures, federal and state policies and directives, and current accounting standards.
Think you’re a fit? This is what successful candidates for this role have:
- Four to Seven years of experience as a Senior Accountant or Assistant Controller/Controller.
- A bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or a related field.
- General knowledge of accounting software especially all versions of QuickBooks required.
- CPA certification preferred but not required.
- Prior project management and client management experience preferred but not required.
- Previous public accounting experience preferred but not required.
- Comfortable in fast paced environment, skilled in multitasking, and experience in multiple industries.
- Ability to engage with our people and clients with a focus on consistent improvement
CLA exists to create opportunities for our people, our clients, and our communities. We are a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer . All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability status, protected veteran status, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Click here to learn about your hiring rights.