Our Lloydminster office is looking for a Surveyor. As part of the Survey Department you will report to your Branch Manager and project managers in regards to providing field surveys, data management, and reporting
Managing and performing field surveys supported by a survey assistant.
- Liaise with Project Managers and Project Engineers regarding timing requirements, priority, and survey methodology used.
- Liaise with the client’s field representative.
- Preparing and communicating field notes, sketches, checklists, and digital data in the formats required by the drafting department or project manager.
- Review field and office procedures regarding survey matters.
- Provide topographic layouts, cross-sectional surveys, and calculate quantities including earthworks (excavation, backfill, stockpiles), water volumes and surface areas, construction layouts, drainage surveys, and road surveys in accordance with the Geomatics Department standards.
- Providing high quality service to all clients and stakeholders of each project.
- Lead survey crew.
- Train and mentor junior surveyors and technicians.
- Ability to be flexible and collaborate, while maintaining high standards and quality work within a fast-paced environment.
- Accurate and timely reporting.
- Professional and business development.
Position Qualifications and Experience
A graduate of post-secondary course related to surveying and geomatics from a recognized college or university.
- Minimum five years experience.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Dedicated team player.
- Willing to work overtime and in remote locations upon request.
- Have experience with the use of ATVs, snowmobiles, and chainsaws.
- Ability to use and adapt to the latest survey equipment and software.
- Must have valid Driver’s License.
- Able to pass random Drug and Alcohol tests to comply with client’s safety requirements.
- Leadership skills.