Clifton is currently searching for Junior to Intermediate Geotechnical Engineer for our Calgary office. This position report to the Earth Sciences team lead and will work closely within Clifton’s other Practice Teams.
- Planning, conducting, and supervising geotechnical investigations and construction monitoring;
- Observing and monitoring the execution of subsurface investigations and testing programs appropriate for design and construction of infrastructure projects including bridges, pavements, rail yards, and other geo-structures;
- Conducting technical analyses/calculations for slopes, shallow and deep foundations;
- Preparing borehole logs, field reports, and assisting with the preparation of reports and recommendations, plans and specifications.
- Preparing proposals, budgeting and scheduling of technical field staff;
- Project Management including accountability for project financial results;
- Assisting the submittal of on-time, accurate invoices, collections and updating backlog reports;
- Communicating with clients and sub-consultants and internal stakeholders;
- Participating and showing commitment to Clifton's health and safety program;
- Participating in professional committees, publications and conferences that align with your career goals and interest.
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of an Undergraduate degree in Geological or Civil Engineering with a preference for candidates who have obtained a Graduate Degree in Geotechnical Engineering;
- A minimum of 3 to 8 years’ experience in a geotechnical engineering capacity with strong geotechnical modelling skills using Plaxis, Flac, LPILE, GeoStudio package (Slope, Seep, Sigma), WEAP, LogPlot, and Gint;
- Registered (or eligible for registration) as a Professional Engineer with the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Alberta (APEGA);
- Experience in a consulting engineering environment would be considered an asset;
- Experience establishing and maintaining client relationships; and
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal) and an ability to work in a team environment.
Please apply with your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only successful applicants will be contacted.