Clif Bar was born on a bike. In 1990, Gary Erickson set off on a 175-mile bike ride. Exhausted and hungry, he realized he couldn't take another bite of the energy bars he brought along. In that moment he now calls 'the epiphany,' he had the idea to make a better tasting energy bar.
Today, Gary Erickson and Kit Crawford, husband and wife team, continue to lead Clif Bar's innovative business model. Guided by Five Aspirations - Sustaining Our People, Business, Brands, Community and Planet - Clif Bar is a family and employee owned company that loves food. We believe that food provides health, joy and energy to do the things we are passionate about. The food we create is good for people and the planet.
We want to help our people live the lives they want to live so we've created an environment where our people can grow and succeed both personally and professionally. We strive to:
- Create a company culture that inspires and supports our people in and outside work.
- Sustain our people with competitive pay, innovative benefits, and holistic wellness offering.
- Hire the right people for the right positions and support them to grow in their current and future roles.
Working at Clif Bar is a chance to make impactful changes. To your career. To your community. To the planet. And, to your life! Come make a difference. Join the Clif Bar Team!
Clif Bar & Company is looking for a SHOPPER MARKETING & PARTNERSHIPS COORDINATOR to join our Integrated Marketing Team.
The ideal candidate will have an immediate connection to our Five Aspirations, as well as embody the "Clif Bar Ingredients" (Create, Inspire, Connect, Own It, and Be Yourself). This candidate will be extremely flexible and enjoy a "high-change" environment where priorities shift from day to day. Candidates who connect through positive and respectful interaction, inspire greater success across all Five Aspirations, and create extraordinary experiences, solutions and ideas will be at the top of our list.
The Integrated Marketing Coordinator will support two teams--Shopper Marketing and Partnerships & Programs. This position will assist in managing our partnerships and executing our high reach sampling programs. This person will also assist with Shopper Marketing programs and managing team budgets. This position is integral to our Integrated Marketing strategies that drive trial, awareness and consumer engagement with a broad range of consumer targets including shoppers at our retail customers, athletes, adventurers, parents, millennial women, college students.
- Manage Integrated Marketing Team invoices and budget
- Assist Shopper Marketing team in sales promotion tactic set-up as well as coupon set up, execution, tracking, and post program analysis
- Assist with Brand and Sales teams on approvals of all customer and consumer promotions creative assets
- Assess new Shopper Marketing vendor capabilities and new partnership and program opportunities that arise
- Forecast for promo product and placing product orders for sampling programs, partnerships, and shopper marketing programs
- Own and execute High Reach Sampling programs including vetting agencies, presenting program ideas to meet our brand objectives, setting up and executing programs, tracking performance and recapping each program and key learnings upon completion.
- Assist in cultivating innovation and best practices in finding, developing and executing paid and unpaid partnerships with brands, non-profit organizations and other entities.
- Assist in execution of existing brand partnerships, look for opportunities for integration of these partnerships across other teams, and continually evolve to reflect evolving Marketing strategies.
Position-Specific Skills Required
- Be a genuine Clif Bar & Company ambassador, who embodies the Clif Bar Five Aspirations and Ingredients in all communications and interactions.
- Be a strategic and entrepreneurial thinker, capable of building plans to support brand objectives.
- Proven success working cross-functionally in a team-oriented environment.
- Exemplify a solid understanding of marketing concepts and techniques.
- Strong verbal/written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills with high attention to detail
- Proven budget management experience.
- Skills in multi-tasking and prioritizing work with impeccable attention to detail.
Leadership Skills Required
- Take ownership for actions, behaviors and contributions while inspiring and motivating self and others.
- Strong relationship building skills to establish strong foundation and goodwill with existing and potential external partners.
- Collaboration skills to integrate Partnership initiatives across Integrated Marketing mix
Technical Expertise Required
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- BS/BA or equivalent or equivalent work experience required.
- 3+ years' experience that includes sports marketing and experiential program management
- 10% travel to Trade Shows, industry conferences, sponsored events, partner meetings, partnership activations etc.
Take yourself lightly and your work seriously. And...bring your best self to work each day!
Pre-employment reference checks and drug-screening are required for certain positions.
Clif Bar & Company is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applicants of diverse backgrounds to apply.
To apply on-line or for additional information, please visit our website: www.clifbar.com/careers.