Clif Bar was born on a bike. In 1990, Gary Erickson set off on a 175-mile bike ride. Exhausted and hungry, he realized he couldn't take another bite of the energy bars he brought along. In that moment he now calls 'the epiphany,' he had the idea to make a better tasting energy bar.
Today, Gary Erickson and Kit Crawford, husband and wife team, continue to lead Clif Bar's innovative business model. Guided by Five Aspirations - Sustaining Our People, Business, Brands, Community and Planet - Clif Bar is a family and employee owned company that loves food. We believe that food provides health, joy and energy to do the things we are passionate about. The food we create is good for people and the planet.
We want to help our people live the lives they want to live so we've created an environment where our people can grow and succeed both personally and professionally. We strive to:
- Create a company culture that inspires and supports our people in and outside work.
- Sustain our people with competitive pay, innovative benefits, and holistic wellness offering.
- Hire the right people for the right positions and support them to grow in their current and future roles.
Working at Clif Bar is a chance to make impactful changes. To your career. To your community. To the planet. And, to your life! Come make a difference. Join the Clif Bar Team!
Clif Bar & Company is looking for a SENIOR CUSTOMER MANAGER, TARGET to join our Sales Team.
The ideal candidate will have an immediate connection to our Five Aspirations, as well as embody the "Clif Bar Ingredients" (Create, Inspire, Connect, Own It, and Be Yourself). This candidate will be extremely flexible and enjoy a "high-change" environment where priorities shift from day to day. Candidates who connect through positive and respectful interaction, inspire greater success across all Five Aspirations, and create extraordinary experiences, solutions and ideas will be at the top of our list.
The Sr. Customer Manager, Target (SCM, Target) leads the Target vendor partnership, strategic planning, and tactical execution of the business plans for OTC brands, and Target Marketing. This individual will be part of a highly collaborative team and support all sales-related function for the entire CB&C portfolio. This is an exciting opportunity to gain responsibility on a critical account and will be based in the Clif Bar satellite office in Bloomington, MN with the rest of the Target Sales team.
- In partnership with Target, lead the development and execution of CB&C OTC brands; drive long term sustainable growth
- Lead Annual Strategic Planning for OTC Brands; collaborate on entire Clif Portfolio
- Build forecasts and execute contracts, deductions and admin tasks necessary for operations
- Lead the holistic Target Marketing Network relationship and execution, inclusive of new Soccer Partnership
- Lead internal collaboration to strategically leverage Target Marketing levers to increase shopper engagement and sales
- Negotiate customer agreements that align with CB&C strategies and financial plan
- Actively collaborate and communicate cross-functionally to support business objectives
Position-Specific Skills Required
- Be a genuine Clif Bar & Company ambassador, who embodies the Clif Bar Five Aspirations and Ingredients in all communications and interactions.
- Be a solutions leader; identify strategies and tactics for growth in a changing retail environment
- Have strong analytical and forecasting skills, and be comfortable with negotiation
- Have a command of the details and execute with excellence
- Be highly adaptable. Critically evaluate and adopt new sales and marketing tactics
- Have strong CPG (and ideally Target) sales experience
Leadership Skills Required
- Take ownership for actions, behaviors and contributions while INSPIRING and motivating self and others.
- Anticipate and understand business needs and CREATE strategies and plans that deliver results
- OWN IT! Set goals, communicate progress and deliver results
- CONNECT through positive and respectful interactions; communicate in a way that people can hear, understand and take action
Technical Expertise Required
- Strong technical proficiency with MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- A business degree or other job-related field or equivalent business experience is required
- 5 or more years' sales experience
- 10-15% for annual off-site sales meeting, training and market visits
Take yourself lightly and your work seriously. And...bring your best self to work each day!
Pre-employment reference checks and drug-screening are required for certain positions.
Clif Bar & Company is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applicants of diverse backgrounds to apply.
To apply on-line or for additional information, please visit our website: www.clifbar.com/careers.