Clif Bar was born on a bike. In 1990, Gary Erickson set off on a 175-mile bike ride. Exhausted and hungry, he realized he couldn't take another bite of the energy bars he brought along. In that moment he now calls 'the epiphany,' he had the idea to make a better tasting energy bar.
Today, Gary Erickson and Kit Crawford, husband and wife team, continue to lead Clif Bar's innovative business model. Guided by Five Aspirations - Sustaining Our People, Business, Brands, Community and Planet - Clif Bar is a family and employee owned company that loves food. We believe that food provides health, joy and energy to do the things we are passionate about. The food we create is good for people and the planet.
We want to help our people live the lives they want to live so we've created an environment where our people can grow and succeed both personally and professionally. We strive to:
- Create a company culture that inspires and supports our people in and outside work.
- Sustain our people with competitive pay, innovative benefits, and holistic wellness offering.
- Hire the right people for the right positions and support them to grow in their current and future roles.
Working at Clif Bar is a chance to make impactful changes. To your career. To your community. To the planet. And, to your life! Come make a difference. Join the Clif Bar Team!
Clif Bar & Company is looking for a NATIONAL ACCOUNT MANAGER, AMAZON to join our eCommerce Sales Team. This position will be responsible for direct sales to Amazon businesses and for leading the Amazon customer team. The position will work out of our Emeryville, CA office.
The ideal candidate will have an immediate connection to our Five Aspirations, as well as embody the "Clif Bar Ingredients" (Create, Inspire, Connect, Own It, and Be Yourself). This candidate will be extremely flexible and enjoy a "high-change" environment where priorities shift from day to day. Candidates who connect through positive and respectful interaction, inspire greater success across all Five Aspirations, and create extraordinary experiences, solutions and ideas will be at the top of our list.
The National Account Manager, Amazon, working closely with the Sr. Customer Manager, Amazon, will lead the strategic planning, implementation, and tactical execution of the business plans for CB&C products across all Amazon business segments. This is a high-profile position on a top tier retail partner that has significant interaction with leadership and cross-functional teams within the company. The NAM will be responsible for directing and executing all aspects of the sales plan and for maintaining the health of the relationship with the customer by focusing on category development, distribution, and trade spend. The NAM will identify optimal distribution and promotional strategies, priorities, and overall success of the portfolio. The NAM will also lead the work of external consultants to support the Amazon business. As this position is Clif Bar's face-to-the-customer, the NAM must "live and breathe" the core values of the company.
- Leads the development and execution of the Strategic Customer Plan for CB&C while partnering with the Sr. Customer Manager, Amazon and the dedicated Amazon customer support team
- Responsible for business forecasting, trade management, reporting, contracts, and paperwork necessary for ongoing operations.
- Manages Account Plans through monthly forecasting updates using available sales data.
- Achieves quarterly and annual gross sales, trade spending and net sales targets by selling approved CB&C programs.
- Leads and negotiates key customer agreements that align with CB&C strategies and financial plans for sustainable growth.
- Actively communicates cross-functionally with CB&C departments including eCommerce Marketing, Sales Finance, Customer and Channel Development, Category Insights, Supply Chain & Customer Service to gain and alignment and support for the Customer Plan. .
Position-Specific Skills Required
- Be a genuine Clif Bar & Company ambassador, who exemplifies the Clif Bar culture in all candidate communications and interactions.
- Establish aggressive but achievable sales expectations, grow existing business, and build sustainable business relationships with these highly competitive customers, while aligning with the mission and core values of Clif Bar within stated profitability goals and the needs of the customers.
- Maintain a high level of enthusiasm and motivation to effectively manage relationships, the details of the daily business operations, and long term strategic customer plans.
- Communicate to the customer and within our company in an open and honest, transparent and authentic way.
- Understand the internal processes and reporting requirements of the customer, work well with a cross functional team of people and have successfully grown a business at a major account.
- Be willing to and comfortable with both high level strategy work as well as the day-to-day hands on operations.
- Willingness to build and refine processes and ways of working in a dynamic test and learn eCommerce culture
- Be an eCommerce ambassador, demonstrating an enthusiasm to educate cross functional partners across the organization on eCommerce
- Have excellent oral and written communication skills, good analytical and creative problem-solving abilities.
Leadership Skills Required
- Take ownership for actions, behaviors and contributions while inspiring and motivating self and others.
- Anticipate and understand business needs and CREATE strategies and plans that deliver results
- OWN IT! Set goals, communicate progress and deliver results
- CONNECT through positive and respectful interactions; communicate in a way that people can hear, understand and take action
- Experience managing people, ideally including people across different functional roles and at different levels.
- Shape and apply strategy by anticipating business needs and developing plans that deliver results.
Technical Expertise Required
- Strong technical proficiency with MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Understanding of the Ecommerce platform and business is required.
- Demonstrate a strong proficiency for trade math, analytics, and the ability to use syndicated data to derive customer insights and opportunities that drive recommendations for action and desired results.
- A BA degree in Business with emphasis on Sales, Marketing or other job-related field or equivalent business experience.
- 5 or more years of current/recent sales experience in CPG with a food manufacturer.
- Solid understanding of the retail marketplace with Mass, Club, eCommerce & Grocery channels.
- Have strong sales management experience within the eCommerce channel, specific Amazon direct selling experience for at least 2-3 years is strongly preferred.
- Frequent travel of approximately 35% for Amazon customer calls, industry conferences as well as to CB&C sales team meetings and trainings.
Take yourself lightly and your work seriously. And...bring your best self to work each day!
Pre-employment reference checks and drug-screening are required for certain positions.
Clif Bar & Company is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applicants of diverse backgrounds to apply.
To apply on-line or for additional information, please visit our website: www.clifbar.com/careers.