Clif Bar was born on a bike. In 1990, Gary Erickson set off on a 175-mile bike ride. Exhausted and hungry, he realized he couldn't take another bite of the enebars he brought along. In that moment he now calls 'the epiphany,' he had the idea to make a better tasting energy bar.
Today, Gary Erickson and Kit Crawford, husband and wife team, continue to lead Clif Bar's innovative business model. Guided by Five Aspirations - Sustaining Our People, Business, Brands, Community and Planet - Clif Bar is a family and employee owned company that loves food. We believe that food provides health, joy and energy to do the things we are passionate about. The food we create is good for people and the planet.
We believe that happy, healthy people create the best food. We want to help our people live the lives they want to live so we've created an environment where our people can grow and succeed personally and professionally. We strive to:
- Create a company culture that inspires and supports our people in and outside work.
- Sustain our people with competitive pay, innovative benefits, and holistic wellness offering.
- Hire the right people for the right positions and support them to grow in their current and future roles.
Working at Clif Bar is a chance to make impactful changes. To your career. To your community. To the planet. And, to your life! Come make a difference. Join the Clif Bar Team!
Clif Bar & Company is looking for two ASSOCIATE BRAND MANAGERS to join our Brand Marketing Team.
The ideal candidate will have an immediate connection to our Five Aspirations, as well as embody the "Clif Bar Ingredients" (Create, Inspire, Connect, Own It, and Be Yourself). This candidate will be extremely flexible and enjoy a "high-change" environment where priorities shift from day to day. Candidates who connect through positive and respectful interaction, inspire greater success across all Five Aspirations, and create extraordinary experiences, solutions and ideas will be at the top of our list.
The Associate Brand Manager is responsible for planning, coordinating, and controlling business and marketing efforts throughout the life of the assigned brands, in keeping with overall marketing strategies and annual business plans, and under the direction of the Brand Manager.
- Assist Brand Manager with development of 3 year strategic plans, integrated annual plans, priorities, objectives and budgets pertaining to the management.
Reporting and Analysis:
- Support the creation and execution of the business growth objectives
- Demonstrate strong understanding of the business P&L
- Lead cross-functional team to deliver accurate forecasts and monitor sales shipments
- Partner with Sales to identify and execute strategic growth opportunities at retail
- Manage the business day-to-day, including budgets, execution of brand promotional and coupon programs, and packaging and marketing collateral updates
- Develop intimate understanding of the consumer and category trends through competitive analysis, consumer research and ongoing monitoring of activity at retail
- Analyze consumer / consumption data to monitor health of business and identify trends pertaining to category, brand and competition. Update monthly scorecard to measure brand health.
- Monitor external trends across consumer, food, technology and design landscapes to identify emerging product and packaging opportunities
- Collaborate with cross-functional team on design and development of new product and packaging prototypes, channel strategy, and business model development
- Lead product development projects through the internal gate process and ready for commercialization
Position-Specific Skills Required
- Be a genuine Clif Bar & Company ambassador, who embodies the Clif Bar Five Aspirations and Ingredients in all communications and interactions.
- Strong ability to analyze and synthesize data to uncover insights
- Strong creative and analytical problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communications, negotiations and influence management skills.
- Strong ability to plan and manage projects, organize work and manage time
- Bachelor's degree required, MBA highly preferred, with a marketing emphasis.
- 2 - 3 years' brand management experience planning and managing brand marketing projects, preferably in a food products environment.
- Background should include familiarity with data analytics, product development, packaging development, and market research processes.
- Marketing to parents and kids a plus.
- Occasional travel encouraged for consumer research.
Take yourself lightly and your work seriously. And...bring your best self to work each day!
Pre-employment reference checks and drug-screening are required for certain positions.
Clif Bar & Company is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applicants of diverse backgrounds to apply.
To apply on-line or for additional information, please visit our website: www.clifbar.com/careers.