Your passion to understand how systems are expected to work will allow you to excel in delivering high quality products. You are a new or experienced software developer who is competent with software testing skills.
This is a flexible position where you can expect to spend your time developing code, test strategies and automated test solutions.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
You are an advocate of quality and promote software development best practices in engineering and testing. You endeavor to create better end user experiences. About The Position You will be working hand in hand with the primary developers to learn and extend the existing test suite for our soon-to-be-released project. You will be initially writing tests in php meant to be run on the PhpUnit test suite. You will be primarily writing functional tests to specification, as well as thinking about areas where testing could be made more comprehensive, and suggesting changes. The position requires someone who can work with a degree of autonomy, spending time thinking about how the product could break, and suggesting and implementing tests to help ensure viability. You may also be helping verify developer feature implementations meet the requirements of a given task.
- Work closely with test leads and developers to design test plan strategies based on design documentation and requirements.
- Verify that new features are fully implemented and will meet our customer's needs.
- Maintains test plans for changes in the product. Develop and maintain automated test scripts.
- Manual and automated test execution.
- Record test results and track issues for resolution. Verifies defect fixes are satisfactory on new builds.
- Contribute to the creation of designs for production software with a focus on testability, robustness, and performance.
- Provide test status and updates on an ongoing basis.
- Help identify usability problems and make suggestions for improvement.
- Identifies and utilizes any hooks or test shells that may be added to the product to aid in testing.
MAIN SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Some exposure to software testing methods and procedures.
- Familiar with software development life-cycles and processes.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to troubleshoot complex problems.Knowledge of automated and manual test methods is an asset.
- Experience with Selenium Webdriver, Python, JUnit, NUnit, TestNG, etc. is an asset.
- Experience with AWS deployments is an asset. RDBMS, SQL experience is an asset.
- Symfony experience is an asset. Experience required: Successful completion of
- Bachelor's of Science program or accredited Technology Diploma is preferred but progress within such a degree will be considered.
- Two years of relevant experience to this position preferred.
Benefits Plan Includes ((You become eligible for the plan after 6 months of continuous employment):
- Basic Life Insurance
- Dependent Life Insurance
- Optional Life Insurance
- Basic Accidental Death & Dismemberment
- Optional Accidental Death & Dismemberment
- Long Term Disability
- Extended Health Care (Hospital 100%; Drugs 80%; Vision Care 100%; Supplementary Medical 80%)
- Emergency Travel Insurance
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- design test plan strategies based on design documentation a: 2 years (Required)
- Selenium Webdriver, Python, JUnit, NUnit, TestNG: 2 years (Required)
- Manual and Automation testing: 3 years (Required)