As a Senior Salesforce/Data Migration Developer, you will work with the System Architect and development team to support the design/implementation of data migration to the Salesforce.com platform.
o Analysis of data from multiple systems (ie. SAP, SFDC, other legacy systems) to understand requirements and required solution design
o Data Mapping, cleansing and transformation of data, and loading of data to SFDC
o Design and testing of ETL processes
o Configure, customize, and develop object oriented software for the Salesforce.com (Service Cloud, Sales Cloud etc)
o Design and implement enhancements including creation of custom objects, Apex classes, triggers, workflows.
o Design, develop and maintain VisualForce, AppExchange, Force.com pages and integration with on premise or third party solutions using Web Services.
o Perform declarative configuration work as required, including definition and implementation of Org-wide defaults, Roles, User Profiles, Security, Record Ownership rules, Sharing Rules, to support business needs.
- Design and develop well architected, robust automated systems and frameworks ensuring high quality of code; Design scalable systems with performance and security in mind
- Investigate and evaluate new technologies and supporting products
- Challenge, mentor and guide developers on applying development best practices
- Provide technical assistance in identifying, evaluating and developing systems and procedures which are cost effective and meet user requirements.
- work with other technical team members, business analysts, and leaders to support translating business deliverables into technical outcomes
- Create and document technical requirements, design specifications, and unit/integration test plans for functional and technical completeness and accuracy.
- Make recommendations to improve product quality, reliability, performance, and scalability
- Independently perform development, testing, implementation, and documentation as it relates to Salesforce.com software and Force.com platform.
- Participate in technical activities for complex projects in a cross functional environment; Coordinate technical dependencies with other teams
- Troubleshoot post deployment issues with users and SFDC Administrator
- Required Knowledge & Experience
- 7+ years of experience in software application development using: APEX, Visual Force, HTML, Java Script, Informatica, SQL other programming languages (Familiarity with other object oriented languages: Java, PHP, ASP.NET, Angular JS etc., and design patterns is considered an asset)
- Minimum 5 years as a Data Migration Developer (multiple source systems, SFDC Target system)
- Minimum of 3-5 years as a SFDC Developer with system administration experience
- Minimum 5 years developing Database queries and scripts
- Experience across various Salesforce clouds (Sales, Marketing, Communities, Service and Platform clouds etc.) as well as solid development and implementation experience on the Salesforce platform (Apex, VisualForce, etc.)
- Experience integrating Salesforce with 3rd party systems using web services and app exchange apps including SOA integration technologies (web services, WSDL, SOAP, REST)
- Experience with infrastructure tools (integration infrastructure, MDM, BI & reporting, data replication, application server infrastructure) is considered an asset.
- Experience mentoring juniors, overseeing code quality and evangelizing best practices
- * Experience with the following:
o developing, automating, web-services and working in an SaaS environment
o developing/designing automation, utilities, and helper frameworks
o Integration experience on Salesforce.com using SOAP and REST API's
o authentication and authorization protocols, familiarity with LDAP and SSL
o Salesforce deployment tools is considered an asset (Copado, Gearset etc)
o CPQ (Vlocity is considered an asset)
o Infomatica is a considered an asset
o Oracle 10g/11g, MySQL, and other database products is an asset
o MS Exchange/SFDC integration is considered an asset
o Agile Development, SCRUM, or XP methodologies
Required Skills & Abilities
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, verbal and written
- Demonstrated accuracy and thoroughness in completing tasks, attention to detail.
- Ability to translate technical concepts and requirements for non-technical stakeholders
- able to multi-task and problem solve; Ability to manage time and handle urgent interruptions with poise and professionalism
- Ability to learn new technologies when needed and apply existing knowledge to current tasks.
- able to develop strong relationships with stakeholders, meet tight deadlines and tolerate change and ambiguity.
- Possess an understanding of sales, marketing, care (support) processes
- Ability to work in cross functional teams
Required Professional Designation / Certification
- Bachelor's degree in computer science/related field or equivalent experience
- Certified SFDC System Administrator and/or Certified SFDC Developer
Must have skills:
1. Data Migration and ETL at least 5 years 2 Data base queries and scripts at least 5 years 3. SFDC developer with system administration experience 3 to 5 years
Nice to have skills:
1. Experience integrating Salesforce with 3rd party systems 2. Demonstrated accuracy and attention to detail 3. Ability to learn new technologies when needed and apply existing knowledge to current tasks
Job Type: Contract
- Salesforce: 5 years (Required)