Our client is looking for a full-stack developer to take on our CityNews branded sites. Citytv television stations in Toronto, Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Winnipeg, Saskatchewan, and Montreal offer viewers intensely-local, urban-oriented, culturally-diverse television programming.
- Responsible for the technical / systems analysis, design, development, unit testing, system integration testing, implementation and support of software applications, using existing and emerging technology platforms. Role includes custodian of the established architecture assuring that documented standards and procedures are adhered to and ensure the smooth interpretability of the applications.
- Collaborating with IT Platform Management, work with the business to obtain the necessary clarity of the requirements at a function point context. Work with project managers, sponsors and other stakeholders to develop and plan technical strategies, agree upon project priorities and deliver applications that support business requirements. Also responsible for the Systems integration testing of applications prior to code release to Quality Assurance.
- Applications Development professionals are responsible for working with their managers to assure their own continuing professional development for both technical and soft skills and that of their teams. At the more senior levels, application developers are expected to train others, participate in company and industry working groups, and encourage learning, sharing culture that supports development of innovative and effective business solutions.
- Applications Development professionals will develop a thorough understanding of the businesses they support along with well-developed people and project management skills. They may apply these skills either within a narrow business focus or broadly across the firm.
- Provides functional / technical leadership to own team
- Self sufficient
- Has extensive implementation experience
- Works on multiple large or complex projects
- makes technical decisions
- Can articulate and communicate the application architecture
- technical consultant / mentor to others within and outside own group
- Oversees technical and functional documentation
- Understands impact of integrating third party solutions to overall systems architecture.
- Manages process for determining deliverables, resources, and schedules
- Oversees the development components under their management
- Manages small to medium technical issues to resolution.
- Leads the technical design, development and implementation of cross-functional, multi-platform application systems.
- Analyzes, defines and documents requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, hardware and operating system environment.
- Contributes to defining time tables and project plans; analyzes and estimates feasibility, cost, time, and compatibility with hardware and other programs.
- Ensures that expected application performance levels are achieved.
- Extends the leadership of the coding, system testing, implementation and documentation of solution.
- Takes lead for establishing, implementing and monitoring "best practices" for technical development methodologies and tools.
- Reviews and approves unit and integration testing for conformance to standards and adherence to design specifications.
- Leads the development of design requirements, designs, tests, document and implements systems and programs.
- Extends expertise across multiple technical domains.
- Influences the development of plans and processes.
- Builds understanding of industry trends and practices for areas of domain expertise.
- Contributes to the development of standards in areas of domain expertise.
- Extends awareness of risks associated with application development and of potential impacts within IT, the business, and / or the firm's reputation.
- Incorporates risk planning and mitigation into work efforts.
- Determines staffing requirements and may select team members.
- Signs-off code reviews.
Experience and Education Preferred:
- Php, Wordpress, Github
- React, Angular or similar front end framework experience
- Undergraduate degree or Technical Certificate.
- 3-5 years equivalent experience.
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment:
emergiTEL is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, aboriginal status, or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodation during the application process is available upon request.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- HTML/CSS: 4 years (Preferred)
- AngularJS: 1 year (Preferred)
- PHP: 4 years (Preferred)