Our client is seeking a Senior Java Developer (Full-Stack) to join a dynamic project team to develop and support our health claim products for extended health providers.
- Responsible for full life cycle of development of new web applications and modification of existing applications to add new components and features, emphasizing maintainability, reliability, scalability and performance.
- Analyze business requirements, evaluate design approaches and provide estimates of work effort.
- Responsible for identifying and mapping integration points to other systems
- Create technical design documentation (e.g. files, database tables, program modules, screens, reports etc.) to deliver required results
- Estimate and document required work effort to develop, test and implement new technical processes.
- Develop, unit test and deploy application changes as outlined in the analysis and design.
- Test and debug program units in conjunction with other units and/or systems and integrate with other program modules and systems
- Partake in an Agile development environment by collaborating with various team members, product owner, end users and/or other cross functional stakeholders as required
- Provide 3rd level application support as necessary
- Development Languages and protocols: Java SE/EE, JMS, JSON, XML/XSLT
- Web Services (Spring WS/JAX-WS, SOAP, WSDL, UDDI)
- Analysis and Design using OOA/D, UML, Design Patterns
- Web technologies including HTTP/S, JQuery, CSS, Spring MVC, JSP/Servlet
- Database: Oracle 10 and higher, SQL, JDBC, PL/SQL, Stored Procedures/functions
- Platform: Weblogic 11 and above
- OS: Windows, Linux
- Tools and frameworks: JUnit, Spring Tool Suite/Eclipse, JIRA, Confluence, SoapUI, XML Spy, TOAD, Maven, Spring MVC, Struts
- Working knowledge of LDAP
- Knowledge of and experience with Agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban) and formal development methodologies (e.g. RUP process)
Additional Skills & Abilities:
- General understanding of data warehousing concepts and ETL tools a plus
- Experience with Maven, Ant, Jenkins, GIT, TFS or Bitbucket source control systems
Soft skills qualities:
- Excellent capacity for problem solving, analytical and issue resolution while making sound recommendations and decisions
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Good people and interpersonal skills, including:
- Ability to lead a group in a technical discussion as the facilitator and deliverer of information.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment but can also work autonomously
- Able to manage time and responsibilities for multiple deliverables
Required Professional Designation/Certification:
- Post-secondary degree in computer science or equivalent work experience
- Certifications in any of the above technologies and frameworks is an asset
- A number of years in transactional services industry work experience
- A number of years in Group Health industry work experience
Job Type: Contract
- Weblogic: 5 years (Required)
- Struts Framework: 5 years (Required)
- LDAP: 3 years (Required)
- Java EE: 5 years (Required)