CLEVER Publishing is the new-to-the-US children’s book press. The bright, colorful pages of our interactive formats introduce children to early learning skills in the most playful and entertaining ways. We are dedicated to creating a wonderful world of experiences for children and their families.
We are seeking a highly organized, enthusiastic, and creative Designer to join our US team!
Design book covers and interiors for each title, ensuring aesthetic meets our high standard and appeals to target audience
- Collaborate with editorial team throughout the entire bookmaking process – from concept to production
- Organize and manage multiple projects per season, adhering to fast-paced production deadlines
- Support marketing efforts (catalogs, sell sheets, digital banners)
- Work with editorial team to select, hire, and manage illustrators
- Manage high volume list while simultaneously producing top quality designs
- Effectively communicate and guide illustrators
- Negotiate with agents
- Support team as assigned
5+ years of experience as a graphic designer, children’s book publishing a plus
- Excellent InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator skills
- Openness to creative feedback
- Ability to balance long-term goals and short-term deadlines; work independently on multiple projects
- Genuine enthusiasm for children’s books
- Strong written and verbal communication and negotiating skills
- Willingness to be flexible and multitask in a small, growing business environment
- Positive attitude and desire to work within a tight knit and supportive team
CLEVER Publishing offers generous benefits including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance.
To apply to this position, please fill out the application form, attach your CV and a cover letter stating your salary expectations.