As THE leader in transit technology, Clever Devices' vision is to make meaningful contributions to worldwide mobility. Our goal is to be the leading provider of exciting technology that improves the quality of mobility in communities around the world.
We are continuing to grow, and are looking for a Systems Engineer join our new and growing Scheduling practice. In this role you will provide engineering support to our MTRAM product line. The MTRAM Suite by M.A.I.O.R is a powerful and integrated scheduling solution that simplifies and optimizes your scheduling process to ensure that you are creating reliable service in the most economical and efficient manner possible.
The Systems Engineer is responsible for leading the deployment of complete Scheduling Systems that include Clever Devices products combined with complementary technologies, including deployment of hardware products and interfaces, to provide a holistic solution that meets customer requirements.
The Systems Engineer analyzes the customer requirements and required functionality early in the project cycle; conduct the customer design reviews, conduct the Factory Acceptance Testing with the Customer and lead the subsequent deployment at the Customer site. Participate in the System Acceptance Testing.
- Maintain a good working knowledge of Clever Devices software and products.
- Support Product Management and Engineering in the definition of software and hardware products and interfaces
- Conducts Internal Requirements Review with Product Management and IT Deployment
- Performs Preliminary and the Final System Design
- Develops and executes the Factory Acceptance Test (FAT) plan
- Document parameter and other changes carried out during the test and the deployment phase.
- Develops the System Acceptance Test (SAT) plan
- Lead the Systems Acceptance Test
- Ensure System compatibility and interoperability of all sub-systems
- Manage and document system configurations
- Ensures the deployment of the solution is successful
- Performs product training and provides technical assistance to our customers
- Anticipate, mitigate, identify, troubleshoot, and resolve any integration issues with the MTRAM scheduling solution that may arise. Escalate incidents as necessary while documenting the same using the ticketing system.
- Analyze system, server, application, network, and input/output device performance.
- Create and maintain documentation as it relates to system configuration and processes
- Liaise with the project manager, the customer’s technical teams, to keep them informed of the progress and expectations as the project progresses.
- 5+ years’ experience in project/ systems engineering involving hardware, software, data and communications technologies
- B.S. in Computer Science, Transportation Engineering or related field
- Good time management skills and ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to implement large scale projects
- Ability to retrieve information from customers, apply this information to products and influence the change needed either in the products or in the customer requirements
- Some database experience
- Ability to independently gather and document requirements and support design requirements and product definition
- Good computer skills particularly with MS Office including Word, Visio, PowerPoint and Project. Ability to learn new programs such as MS Dynamics AX.
- Good problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Good analytical skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good negotiation and influence skills
- Travel at least 40% of the time
- Experience in the Transit industry
- Fluency in Italian a plus