As THE leader in transit technology, Clever Devices' vision is to make meaningful contributions to worldwide mobility. Our goal is to be the leading provider of exciting technology that improves the quality of mobility in communities around the world.
We are continuing to grow, and are looking for a System Support Engineer.
The System Support Engineer (SSE) manages and oversees daily support operations. The position may also include oversite and management of technical and system support teams. The primary function of the position is to oversee the lifecycle and ultimate resolution of technical issues reported by customers. The SSE requires technical proficiency and strong leadership capabilities and acts as the point of contact for Clever Devices customers seeking support. The SSE shall demonstrate exceptional skills in managing people, customer service, technical investigation and problem solving, as well as communication to effectively maintain a cooperative working relationship with fellow managers, employees and customers.
- Create strong relationships with customer contacts.
- Have constant dialogue with customers to understand their business, needs, and to look for any issues.
- Serves as senior level technical resource for system troubleshooting, issue identification, and resolution coordination
- Work as a key member of the customer account teams to provide a unified front helping the customer support their Clever Devices’ Products. This means knowledge and information is constantly shared between the team.
- Use the JIRA ticketing system to open issues, track progress and investigate potential issues. It is important to be efficient for the greater organization by investigating existing tickets prior to opening duplicates.
- Troubleshoot difficult and complex issues with Clever Devices’ products independently.
- Use logfiles and other inputs to proactively look for trends in fleet data. Also review reported issues for potentially larger issues.
- Escalate issues to upper management when required to bring a larger audience to the problem.
- Become a subject matter expert regarding our customer specific installations.
- Escalate issues via JIRA tickets to get resources from Engineering when required.
- Work with Engineering to provide supporting information and log files when an escalated ticket is being worked by Engineering.
- Be an expert level user of all Clever products at the customer’s location.
- Support the underlying servers that support Clever Devices’ applications.
- Understand the on board bus equipment. Ability to troubleshoot issues with the systems on board including TSP, APC, Farebox, IP Routers
- Have a basic understanding of the general structure and components of a transit Vehicle. Electrical, J1939, J1708, Ethernet, Multiplexors.
- Working with complex databases and ability to use SQL Server Management Studio
- Be familiar with string queries and log file analysis techniques.
- 10+ years experience in a technical support or engineering environment which involves hardware, software, data, and communications technologies
- 5+ years in a help desk or technical support management role with system level troubleshooting of Computer, Network, or Transit systems
- Minimum of Bachelors level degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent
- Senior level supervisory experience in a technical call center/help desk environment
- Proven track record of creating comprehensive solutions and establishing priorities that provide the best balanced solution.
- Expert level experience with call tracking software
- Strong communication skills including oral, written, and customer approach
- Must be able to travel locally nationally and internationally as required (up to 10%)