Cleo is seeking an enthusiastic Social Media Marketing
Associate to join our Marketing team in our Mississauga
Home Office. Reporting to the Marketing Manager, the
Social Media Marketing Associate will promote and
protect the cleo brand on social media - turning ideas
into action to grow our presence and reach through
social media. Passionate about fashion and retailing,
and with a constant focus on our customer, this position
will build on the success of our Facebook, Instagram and
Pinterest channels and work towards building and growing
opportunities to enhance our presence within social
- Develop and execute social media plans for cleo that
are aligned with brand and business objectives, and
deliver increased user engagement and customer
- Grow social media reach and engagement in current
and new channels including Facebook, Pinterest, and
- Collaborate with cleo Marketing, Buying, Ecommerce,
and Customer Service departments on social media
programs and implementation. Work closely with the
Graphic Design & Customer Service department and
other online marketing resources to deliver an
integrated, high quality outcome.
- Support cleo overall brand initiatives with a strong
social component that resonates and continues to
build upon our target audience and our engagement
- Coordinate/host blogger and social media events.
- Develop and execute affiliate marketing programs
that are relevant to the cleo brand.
- Manage and report on social media campaigns
including budget and performance metrics.
- Monitor industry trends and competitive activities
in social media and inform management of competitive
landscape, opportunities, and threats.
- Work with external vendors and agencies to ensure
projects are handled in a timely manner and
completed to cleo brand standards, on time and on
- Stay current in social media - seeking out
professional growth opportunities and continuous
- Share best practices and promote learnings with
other portfolio companies.
- Act as the gate keeper of the company's brand in the
rapidly evolving social media environment.
- Other duties as required.
- 2+ years of demonstrated, hands-on experience in
social media and/or online marketing, or related
- Proven ability to plan, manage presence on social
networking sites including Facebook, Instagram,
Pinterest, Twitter, LinkedIn etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Creative copywriting and proofreading experience.
- Degree or diploma in marketing, communications, or
- Knowledge of social media analytics tools, Google
Analytics, and Excel / Google Spreadsheets.
- Strong visual sensibility. The ability to
design/execute digital content (graphic design,
photography, video) an asset.
- Must be a motivated self-starter with strong
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail,
and ability to multi-task and shift between projects
on a time-sensitive basis.
- Public relations and/or blogging experience an
- Flex hours may be required.