Job Duties / Responsibilities
- Identify critical process opportunities for enhancement and propose tangible solutions to avoid repeatable errors.
- Gather operational and workflow requirements to document, implement and monitor workflow processes. Identification of root cause(s) of workflow/process incident management.
- Complete special projects and provide project support as requested by senior leadership.
- Creation of designed and approved processes, enhance the automation of the technical workflows, and provide monitoring/stabilization of current business processes
- Document detailed technical design for workflow automation, end user documentation and job aids.
Need to have Skills / Experience
- Must be capable of executing and publishing written requirements utilizing the business intent and goals, while providing technical details to support workflow or system development
- Strong organizational, customer service, interpersonal, and time-management skills
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment, respectful of all positions at all levels
- Independent, logical thinker with ability to perform detailed data analysis
- Advanced troubleshooting abilities, with ability to problem solve complex technical issues
- Ability to understand operational business processes, and apply technical/system knowledge
- Must demonstrate excellent professional communication skills through clearly written, concise and comprehensive documentation; strong technical writing skills
- Ability to develop and/or present training to operations trainers and/or business users
- Intermediate level skills in applications such as Microsoft Excel, Word, and Visio
Nice to have Skills / Experience
- Knowledge of healthcare revenue cycle
- Knowledge/experience with system design in a database environment
- Knowledge of project management methodologies
- Knowledge of research methodology, principles and procedures
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $90.00 to $100.00 /hour
- Vancouver, BC (Preferred)