Clearway Energy Group is accelerating the world’s transformation to a clean energy future. As one of the largest clean energy companies in the United States, we are focused on providing customers with the low cost, clean power they desire and the customer experience they deserve, all with the goal of powering our world with clean energy. Clearway was formed with the completion of the sale of NRG Energy, Inc.’s renewables platform to Global Infrastructure Partners, a leading global, independent infrastructure investor and is headquartered in San Francisco, CA with offices in Carlsbad, CA; Scottsdale, AZ; Houston, TX; and New York City, NY. For more information, visit www.clearwayenergygroup.com.
The Staff Accountant is primarily responsible for financial data management, journal entries, account reconciliations, timely completion and execution of monthly and quarterly internal financial reporting, internal controls, and accounting for various components of Clearway. This person will be responsible for multiple other ad hoc projects as assigned, which will cover all aspects of renewables accounting.
- Primary duties include accounting for one or more renewable energy projects and working in close cooperation with a Senior Accountant or Accounting Manager
- Perform monthly in-house invoicing including the retrieval and analysis of operational data, analysis and allocation as needed, prepare invoices and posting of general ledger entries and communicate with internal Operations and Maintenance team
- Coordinate closely with members of the Asset Management team on understanding and explaining to management the financial performance of the projects
- Execute the monthly, quarterly and year-end close process within clearly-defined time frames
- Perform analytical functions necessary to achieve an accurate and timely general ledger month-end close (duties include analysis of income statement, balance sheet and equity transactions, financial statements and general accounting support for renewable energy projects)
- Support the annual audit process for standalone audits, which may include compiling financial statements and footnote schedules, providing supporting schedules to the external auditors
- Collaborate with and respond to ad hoc requests from key stakeholders within the organization
- Perform all aspects of work with a high degree of effectiveness, efficiency and accuracy