Looking for a position that will provide you with challenge and hands-on experience? Do you want an opportunity for continuous on-the-job learning and development and aren't afraid of hard work?
Clearwater Structures Inc. is a general contractor and industry leader in the heavy civil construction sector, specializing in bridge construction and rehabilitation. With multiple divisions located across Ontario, the company has experienced continuous growth throughout the years since its inception. We have an immediate opening for a Project Engineer position to support our field operations in the Southwestern Ontario Region.
You will be responsible for:
- Assisting the project manager and supervisor with long term planning and scheduling of projects
- Sourcing of materials and ensuring delivery to site meets the project schedule deadlines
- Tracking of costs and productions
- Preparation of submittals, critical path schedules, progress payments to the client
- Coordination of design for temporary structures, including shoring, bridge jacking and access/protection systems
- Administrating and distributing changes to contract documents for projects under construction
- Issuing RFC's, INC's, letter's to clients for response and approval
- Assisting the project manager in meeting quality standards during production
- Scheduling and tracking of all Quality Control aspects of the project.
- Communicating with field staff to ensure all contract documentation has been received including any changes to the original contractual requirements
- Coordinating and scheduling crews and equipment for project sites
- Completing quantity takeoffs and assisting with estimating
You should have:
- Civil Engineering Program - completed and/or relevant industry experience in MTO heavy civil construction projects.
- Strong ability to command respect (particularly regarding OHS regulations)
- Proven ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with solid ability to be clear, concise and use appropriate and professional forms of communication where required
- Strong ability to form solid working relationships with team members and key stakeholders at all levels
- Superior organizational skills and attention to detail
- Resourceful, takes initiative and is flexible to changing work requirements
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to think on your feet
- Reliable and takes ownership for their work
- Must be willing to travel to various job sites throughout Southwestern Ontario on a daily basis, occasionally overnight
- Must be willing to work overnight shifts if/when required
- Must have a full G license
What we offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Group Benefits Plan (Health, Dental, Life Insurance)
- Group RRSP Plan
- 2 weeks' vacation, plus one week at Christmas
- Company Vehicle Provided
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Accommodations are available upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $50,000.00 to $70,000.00 /year