Clearwater Structures Inc. is a general contractor specializing in bridge construction and rehabilitation. The company prides itself in doing quality work and being one of the top bridge contractors in the province. Due to the sustained growth of Clearwater Structures Inc., and its affiliated companies, there is an immediate opening for a full time Accounts Payable Clerk .
The position is based in Ajax, ON.
- Ensure that all payments are booked in correctly with sufficient evidence under the requirement of tax regulations, GAAP and company's policy in an efficient way
- Match invoices to back up documents, such as purchase orders, quotes, receivers, etc
- Code invoices to appropriate job number or GL and enter into accounting software (Jonas)
- Receive approval from project\construction managers
- Address any invoice discrepancies
- Visa reconciliations and employee expenses
- Reconcile vendor statements, research and correct discrepancies
- Perform monthly cheque run
- Process check requests
- Responding and resolving of questions and/or issues in regards to invoices and invoice payments
- Ensure overall accuracy and integrity of the A/P files and records
- Assist in month end closing
- Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices
- Answer the phones with suppliers
- Percolate and mail documents
- Assist with other projects as needed
- Post-secondary education or equivalent experience
- 3 - 5 years high volume accounts payable experience
- Proven ability to multi-task, problem solve, handle high volumes and prioritize workload
- Understanding of subcontracts and cost accounting
- Strong problem-solving skills, basic accounting principles knowledge, documentation skills, research and resolution skills
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Intermediate MS Excel skills
- Ability to interact with employees and vendors in a professional manner
- Maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced and high-volume environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness
- Customer service skills and a positive attitude
- Ability to perform mathematical computations such as percentages, fractions, addition, subtraction, multiplication and division quickly and accurately
- Superior multi-tasking, attention to detail and organizational skills
- Experience working with generally accepted accounting principles and accounting software
- Experience with Jonas accounting software will be considered an asset.
- We thank all applicants for their interests but only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview.
- Clearwater Structures Inc. has built a reputation for high quality work throughout the industry. This reputation has been built through the hard work and dedication of our employees. We are a growing company that offers a highly stimulating environment with many opportunities for personal and professional growth.
Job Type: Full-time
- Accounts Receivable: 1 year (Preferred)
- Jonas Software for Construction: 2 years (Preferred)
- Accounts Payable: 3 years (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)
- Full G Driver Licence (Required)