What is Clearview?
Clearview is a dynamic firm, committed to a culture of excellence, offering accounting & finance, risk advisory, audit, tax, technology advisory, data analytics, HR and other consulting services. Our mission is to build lasting relationships as well as change the way our clients feel about the accounting and consulting industry through our daily actions. Our firm was built on the principles of accountability, belief, commitment, courage, gratitude, loyalty, respect, and trust. It is not just about the work (the “what”), it is also about our approach (the ”how”). Our employees understand the importance of supporting one another and focusing on our greater business objectives. Clearview was just named one of Inc. Magazine’s Best Workplaces for 2019 and has been awarded as a “Best Place to Work” in Baltimore multiple times. To learn more about one of the fastest growing CPA and Management Consulting Firms in the country, please visit www.cviewllc.com and/or https://www.linkedin.com/company/clearview-consulting-llc-md-/.
What opportunity is available?
To help support our growing Risk Advisory and IT Risk Advisory Practices, Clearview is looking to hire a full-time Administrative Assistant – Consulting Services in our Owings Mills, MD headquarters.
Who works here and why?
Employees at Clearview bring expertise from Fortune 100, Big 4 Accounting, and other industry leaders to work for our clients. They chose Clearview because of our inviting, entrepreneurial culture and bias towards action. Our employees believe business should be personal and thus make solving clients’ business problems the top priority, delivering results that make a real impact on their bottom line.
What’s in it for you?
Clearview’s comprehensive benefits include, but are not limited to, a 401k plan with a partial company match, paid holidays, PTO, medical, dental, & vision insurance, opportunity for advancement, an employee-centric culture focused on camaraderie, and even an annual firm-sponsored trip for employees and guests! Clearview is not a “typical” consulting firm. Instead it’s a fun, engaging, environment where employees care about each other and genuinely enjoy being together.
What will this new hire do?
Under the general direction of the Risk Advisory and IT Risk Advisory Directors, the Administrative Assistant – Consulting Services supports both teams as well as Clearview’s growth objectives. Specific responsibilities entail:
- Providing day to day administrative support to the Risk Advisory and IT Risk Advisory (Internal Audit) Leadership Teams
- Reviewing the remaining budget for each project and reconciling it to the:
- forecasted hours in Practice Engine (PE) Scheduling **PE is our practice management tool
- forecasted revenue
- Requesting feedback from the Engagement Manager for jobs with variances, then following up with him/her to ensure necessary corrective action was taken
- Performing client take-on requests or new job creations
- Following pre-defined checklists to ensure the completeness and accuracy of data input into PE based on information from the Sales Lead, Engagement Manager and/or Executed Contract (e.g. rate, client contact, job dates, management, etc.)
- Preparing all invoices twice monthly and reviewing with Engagement Managers for completeness and accuracy. Preparation includes, but is not limited to:
- manually editing invoices to ensure client requirements are met and the amount does not exceed the total project budget
- distributing invoices to clients
- serving as the primary contact for internal operations employees prior to escalating to Practice Leaders
- Addressing questions around application of payment to outstanding invoices as well as following up with Practice Leads and Engagement Managers on a weekly basis
- Ensuring all items on the “Weekly Wins Report” have corresponding opportunities in Microsoft Dynamics
- Working with the Operations and Business Development Teams to ensure the Sales spreadsheet is accurate, then following up with Practice Leadership and Engagement Managers for jobs showing a variance between sales numbers and fees billed.
- Helping with project management and quality review for consistency in proposals
- Preparing engagement letters, preparing the proposal frameworks, proofreading, and ensuring compliance with RFPs
- Handling sensitive and confidential information with a high level of discretion
What is required for consideration?
- Minimum of a High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as a Business Support Coordinator, Executive Assistant, and/or Administrative Assistant in an office environment
- Experience handling Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and/or Invoicing in another capacity
- Proficiency with Microsoft:
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Unwavering integrity and ethics
- Excellent organizational skills and experience successfully managing multiple priorities
- Experience building and maintaining relationships across levels within an organization
- Demonstrable examples of innovative thinking and problem solving
What is preferred for consideration?
- Associates Degree in Business, Accounting, Communications or another relevant field
- Experience as an Administrative Assistant in a consulting and/or public accounting firm
- Project management / coordination experience
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics
Employment visa sponsorship is not a benefit currently offered by Clearview and we do not anticipate this changing in the future.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision (computer work). While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms.
Clearview Group LLC is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. The Company provides equal opportunity to all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, pregnancy, genetic information, disability, gender identity, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.