Director, Supply Chain Management role in Calgary, AB
Choosing ClearStream means seizing the opportunity.
During a time when most are waiting for something to happen, we have been making moves to ensure we will have an exceptional year; 2020 will see incredible growth.
With growth comes challenge; it's how we roll.
Great SCM departments are no accident. Surround yourself with innovative thinkers and problem solvers who see possibilities and abundance. This role offers real challenge in developing the best in people, create the best process and delivering best price, best quality with pride in a job well done.
Best Practices Development
- Develop and create Supply Chain Management policies and procedures.
- Develop strategic/communication plans for centralized purchasing and procurement of materials, equipment and services required for operations.
- Develop and implement systematic methods for evaluating and analyzing vendor and sub-contractor performance.
- Provide leadership and guidance to ensure success of your staff.
- Enthusiastically communicate the strategic direction; set clear goals and priorities so all staff understand how they contribute to a winning team.
- Build external and internal business relationships to gather information, identify market and industry trends and build partnerships and alliances to support and facilitate the company’s objectives and plans.
- Manage and provide leadership to ensure that contractual commitments and risks are identified and mitigated.
- Manage all company owned and/or leased assets, such as fleet vehicles, off-road equipment, trailers.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance or Supply Chain Management or other relevant areas of study.
- SCMP designation is essential.
- 15 + years in Supply Chain Management in a senior leadership position.
- 10 + years of leading & inspiring others in the supply chain management function.
- Previous industry experience in construction, industrial and/or oil & gas is preferred.
- Solid experience in contract negotiation in fleet, subcontracts and procurement.
- Solid reputation for building relationships inside the organization as well as vendors.
- Keen sense of market conditions.
- Exceptional planning.
The Cultural Fit
- The ability to see patterns where others may see complexity; rely on facts and evaluate where potential obstacles may appear.
- Once a decision is made, the only action is moving forward & make things happen.
- Influence is an art form, minding the success of all parties and developing genuine relationships are a clear measure of success.
At ClearStream, we work day-in and day-out we help our customers bring resources to our world. With a legacy of excellence and experience stretching back more than 50 years. Working with us means one key thing no matter what you do. You see every day and every project as chance to push your field forward. In every location and every office, we build teams where everyone is an asset. Our people and processes are the pillars of our company. Safety is intertwined into our culture where everyone strives to achieve a zero-injury workforce and flawless execution on schedule and within budget. Clear Stream is the clear choice. Together we tackle every challenge head on, because we work to a common goal.
What We Offer
Full insurance and benefits
Health care spending account
- Paid vacation
We welcome all qualified applicants; our diversity reflects the industries and communities we work within.
The above listing is meant to capture the objectives of success and level of complexity of the role.
Assessments will be part of our hiring process.