Provides in-depth financial analysis to develop and prepare financial reporting, forecasting, and budget content. Computes and prepares data for journal entries, general ledger, and related financial statements.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversees the preparation of weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual financial management reports.
- Prepares, consolidates, and/or analyzes financial management reports; investigates and explains unusual variances; identifies, researches, monitors, and reports
operational trends that impact business performance.
- Interfaces with management to develop budgets, business and profit plans, operating forecasts, and financial plans.
- Analyzes financial performance versus forecast and plan, investigates significant variances, and communicates findings.
- Identifies, researches, and resolves accounting discrepancies.
- Assists with related special projects as needed.
- Prepares general ledger journal entries, fixed asset tracking, monthly balance sheet reconciliation, and bank reconciliation.
- Generates and files monthly financial reports.
- Develops, analyzes, and prepares periodic financial statements for timely distribution to management.
- Assists with accounts payable functions including but not limited to verifying invoices, expense reports, check requests, and purchase requisitions; entering
data into accounts payable system; and processing weekly check runs.
- Assists with accounts receivable functions including but not limited to applying payments to appropriate accounts, monthly invoicing, reconciling customer accounts, and handling customer inquiries.
- Reconciles cash activity.
- Performs daily banking procedures.
- Maintains fixed asset and related depreciation schedules.
- Assists with annual external audits.
- Analyzes and reconciles general ledger accounts.
- Assists with related special projects as required.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) or equivalent in Accounting or Finance
- One to three years related experience or equivalent
- Commitment to excellence and high standards
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work with all levels of management
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow
- Acute attention to detail
- Proficient on Microsoft Excel, Sage Intacct ERP and Adaptive Insights EPM
- Analytical-Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs workflows and procedures.
- Teamwork-Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Motivation-Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence; Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
- Quality-Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Adaptability-Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.