Clearly is one of the largest e-commerce companies in the optical space based in Vancouver and serving millions of clients across the globe every day. Our purpose is to give access to vision to as many people as possible in the markets where we operate thanks to our furiously priced offer and the fastest speed of service across the globe. Our passion is to be the wow makers for our customers and our employees.
We always aim at bringing the most diverse, passionate, engaged and nice people in the Clearly family. As a tech-driven start-up, we are now looking for our next rock star to own and execute on our talent strategy. You are an expert in recruitment and will bring the best and brightest talent into the Clearly team while providing a world class candidate experience.
Job Status: 15 Month Maternity Leave Contract, Full-Time
What does a perfect workday look like?
In your world, no two days are the same. You are adaptable because things are always changing and there is never a dull moment at Clearly!
You start your day sipping on your coffee or tea, plotting on strategies to attract the best Talent and broadcast to the World how amazing our culture at Clearly is! All while overlooking the beautiful 360-degree views of Vancouver from our new HQ. You quickly jump into all our Talent attraction platforms, to interact with the eager candidates who have expressed their interest to join our company. You check on open roles, go through all the inbound resumes from job postings and follow up with all of the prospective candidates. You are the first line of contact with potential candidates, so you make sure every single experience is a positive and memorable one. You check on the status of all your open roles, having open communication with hiring managers, fellow recruiters, and the candidates, which is critical. The rest of the day may consist of active and passive sourcing by utilizing different recruiting platforms such as LinkedIn, our internal database and referrals (to list a few). Other daily responsibilities include: conducting technical phone screens, resume reviewing, scheduling interviews, preparing candidates for interviews, collaborating with hiring managers, and the best part… extending offers to work for one of the top employers in British Columbia!
The most rewarding part of your role is helping people find their dream job and watching them thrive in it. Being able to play matchmaker and connect an amazing company with the top talent is what truly motivates you! As a key member of the People & Culture team, you will also have the opportunity to be involved in some of the many exciting projects we have!
Where we expect you to shine:
- Developing, implementing and acting on innovative talent acquisition strategies
- Owning and leading full-cycle recruitment, from posting jobs, screening resumes, initial phone screens, booking in-person interviews, and so on.
- Guiding and directing hiring managers and interviewers through all stages of the recruitment process
- Relentless and authentic ambassador for the internal and external brand culture
- Collaborating with the People Partners to align recruitment activities to the business needs
- Proactively building candidate pipelines and identify sourcing strategies through networking and social media (LinkedIn/referrals/industry events etc.)
- Attracting passive candidates to encourage their interest in Clearly's opportunities
- Managing and maintaining the Clearly Careers Webpage, and Social Media presence
- Support continuous process improvements and make recommendations for change where appropriate
- Manage all relevant vendor relationships, such as third-party recruitment agencies and Applicant Tracking System vendors etc.
- Create candidate offer letters, employment agreements, and send out new hire orientation packages
- Full ownership of the most amazing onboarding experience for candidates! (Propose and implement WOW ideas, scheduling with relevant parties, conduct onboarding presentations…etc)
- Work closely with Payroll administrator to ensure new hire information is transferred in a timely manner
- Staying up to date with recruitment best practices and relevant market trends
- Assist with additional HR related tasks and projects as needed
Your main KPIs?
- Time to fill
- Retention Rate
- Glassdoor reviews
- Offer acceptance rate
Why we want you?
- Because our Mission to eradicate poor vision in the World is now your Mission as well
- Because you know what you are talking about: 3+ years of experience in a full cycle in-house recruitment role
- Because your education is related to Human Resources Management and/or Business, or equivalent work experience in a relevant field
- Because you demonstrate expertise in candidate management and client relationship management
- Because you have proven ability to build and maintain a network of top talent
- Because you have proven ability to appropriately influence hiring managers in making sound hiring decisions
- Because you have strong skills in HR Management Systems, Applicant Tracking Systems and MS Office
- Because you have demonstrated project management and organizational skills
- Because you are able to deliver results in a fast-paced environment while having a detail-oriented mindset and the ability to prioritize
- Because you have strong communication skills and ability to work with many different people
- Because you're passionate about providing an excellent candidate journey and going above and beyond to achieve it
- Because you like to have fun!
What's in it for you?
- You will be a part of a team that is making a difference - improving lives by improving sight
- Clearly will help you save for your future with 100% matching through our Employee Shareholding & Retirement Savings plans
- Receive paid time during work hours to volunteer and be recognized for your volunteer hours during non-work hours
- A total rewards package which includes extended health benefits and an annual flex spending account
- Open concept Vancouver office, designed to inspire collaboration and innovation
- Opportunities for learning and career development through an annual education allotment and employee lunch and learns
- 50% employee discount on clearly.ca
- A company that celebrates successes and recognizes its team
To succeed on our team you must have an entrepreneurial mindset that embraces challenges, and understands the potential of the Internet as an innovative tool to buy eyewear.
Applying for this position will allow you to be a part of something incredible. Clearly is a company that thrives on a culture where we believe if you can envision it, you can do it. We thank everyone who took the time to apply for this position, however, only qualified applicants will be contacted.