Clearly is one of the largest e-commerce companies in the optical space based in Vancouver and serving millions of clients across the globe every day. Our purpose is to give access to vision to as many people as possible in the markets where we operate thanks to our furiously priced offer and the fastest speed of service across the globe. Our passion is to be the wow makers for our customers and our employees.
We always aim at bringing the most diverse, passionate, engaged and nice people in the Clearly family. As a tech-driven start-up, we are now looking for our next rock star to lead our product buying front and bring it to the next level! You have a unique opportunity to build from the ground up a best-in-class, innovative, simple and fresh collections of brands for millions of consumers in Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and the US.
How does a (perfect) workday look like?
Reporting to the Buying & Merchandising Manager, you spend a fair amount of time working with the procurement team and the same amount of time with the marketing team. Your motto? "Brilliant at basics": you focus with the team on a short list of simple, impactful and measurable actions, which you built as a plan to provide the best product offer in the business. You work with an ecosystem of prestigious partners who guide you and help you putting our product selection and the company one-step ahead.
Where we expect you to shine:
- Build with the Buying & Merchandising Manager, the most relevant collection plan
- Meet budget expectations through detailed and reliable procurement
- Always look ahead of current trends, research and anticipate
- Be ONE with Merchandising on product performance analysis
- Think "glocally". Meet our global group's product goals while offering the best options for customers in Canada, Australia and New Zealand
- Work closely with our glasses business head, particularly regarding pricing and promotion topics
- Organize and run buying sessions with suppliers several times per year
- Work closely with the inventory team to assure the best replenishment practices
- Guide relationships with suppliers, main partners in our success story
- Develop & maintain an efficient product launch calendar for our marketing team
- Never stop the strong connection with our manufacturing team, and assist with extra technical knowledge
Your 5 main KPIs:
- Assortment excellence; right number of product
- Inventory Level
- Sales of sun and branded product
- Customer NPS
- Cost of goods/Gross margin
Why we want you? Because, because, because…
- Because you love eyewear
- Because our Mission to eradicate poor vision in the World is now your Mission as well
- Because you know what you are talking about: 3-5 years of eyewear/fashion experience, ideally in purchasing
- Because your education is related to procurement and/or marketing
What's in it for you?
- You will be a part of a team that is making a difference - improving lives by improving sight
- Clearly will help you save for your future with 100% matching through our Employee Shareholding & Retirement Savings plans
- Receive paid time during work hours to volunteer and be recognized for your volunteer hours during non-work hours
- A total rewards package which includes extended health benefits and an annual flex spending account
- Open concept Vancouver office, designed to inspire collaboration and innovation
- Opportunities for learning and career development through an annual education allotment and employee lunch and learns
- 50% employee discount on clearly.ca
- A company that celebrates successes and recognizes its team
To succeed on our team you must have an entrepreneurial mindset that embraces challenges, and understands the potential of the Internet as an innovative tool to buy eyewear.
Applying for this position will allow you to be a part of something incredible. Clearly is a company that thrives on a culture where we believe if you can envision it, you can do it. We thank everyone who took the time to apply for this position, however, only qualified applicants will be contacted.