Clearly is one of the largest e-commerce companies in the optical space based in Vancouver and serving millions of clients across the globe every day. Our purpose is to give access to vision to as many people as possible in the markets where we operate thanks to our furiously priced offer and the fastest speed of service across the globe. Our passion is to be the wow makers for our customers and our employees.
We always aim at bringing the most diverse, passionate, engaged and nice people in the Clearly family. As a tech-driven start-up, we are now looking for our next rock star to help us bring the Clearly brand to the next level. You have a unique opportunity to tell fresh stories for millions of consumers in Canada, Australia, New Zealand and the US.
How does a (perfect) workday look like?
Reporting to the Graphic Designer Lead, you spend a fair amount of time working with the Marketing and IT teams. You start your day fresh with a breakfast and caffeine (or not) from our kitchen and get together with your team to look at daily performance of our latest ads and advertising campaigns. You then spend time working with our SEO team to analyze where you could improve our website content as well as external articles on our own blog or through articles on external forums. Finally, you dedicate the last part of your day to innovation and your own development observing what the best practices are outside Clearly and adopting ideas to implement in your own work.
Where we expect you to shine:
- Develop a content calendar and deliver content with SEO optimization on site and off-site
- Be a storyteller that highlights the uniqueness of our brands
- Help taking our brand to the next level
- Develop & write for campaigns across our websites (ie Blogs, infographic) and channels including banners, display, email, and web components
- Expert in sales copy
- Research and understand our diverse product offering
- Write product descriptions and anticipate any potential questions a customer might have so that they are making a fully informed decision about their purchase
- Describe the key features of our products, including: Glasses, Lenses and Contact Lenses
- Identify ways to enhance our content, and pitch larger stories that can be shared through our channels and web pages
- Manage copy translation
Your 5 main KPIs:
- Organic rankings (SEO)
- # of blog articles per month
- # of back links per month
- Content quality (catchy, continuity, clarity & brevity)
- Channels performance (email and ads CTR rates, conversion rates)
Why we want you? Because, because, because…
- Because our Mission to eradicate poor vision in the World is now your Mission as well
- Because you know what you are talking about: 2+ years of experience, ideally in online copywriting
- Because your education is related to Communication and Marketing, or equivalent work experience in a relevant field
- Because you have advanced skills in grammar and spelling
- Because you have an egoless nature
- Because you care about language, tone, meaning, structure, grammar, and usage
- Because you have experience in Brand Building
- Because you have experience in Product, Campaign, Promotional and Editorial content
- Because you love solving problems
- Because you have a detail-oriented mindset and the ability to manage multiple projects and priorities
- Because being perfectly bi lingual English and French would be a plus.
What's in it for you?
- You will be a part of a team that is making a difference - improving lives by improving sight
- Clearly will help you save for your future with 100% matching through our Employee Shareholding & Retirement Savings plans
- Receive paid time during work hours to volunteer and be recognized for your volunteer hours during non-work hours
- A total rewards package which includes extended health benefits and an annual flex spending account
- Open concept Vancouver office, designed to inspire collaboration and innovation
- Opportunities for learning and career development through an annual education allotment and employee lunch and learns
- 50% employee discount on clearly.ca
- A company that celebrates successes and recognizes its team
To succeed on our team you must have an entrepreneurial mindset that embraces challenges, and understands the potential of the Internet as an innovative tool to buy eyewear.
Applying for this position will allow you to be a part of something incredible. Clearly is a company that thrives on a culture where we believe if you can envision it, you can do it. We thank everyone who took the time to apply for this position, however, only qualified applicants will be contacted.