Are you an experienced Product Owner / Business Analyst looking to make a huge impact on a growing organization? We are building a smarter choice for car insurance and we want you to join us on this mission. Clearcover is hiring a Product Owner who will work directly with the Head of Business Intelligence to help us build world class insurance products. We need someone who has direct Insurance industry experience building out comprehensive software requirements and writing user stories, ideally using Behavior Driven Development (BDD) scenarios. You must have demonstrable experience owning requirements elicitation, analysis, documentation, development of requirements traceability and acceptance criteria.
We need someone who is technical and can develop data diagrams and models, has expert level User Story writing skills and is skilled at writing BDD style tests for story verification and UAT. As you develop a deeper knowledge about our products, you will work on building standards and processes to improve the capture and decomposition of business, functional and technical requirements.
We promise this is the most fun you'll have in your career and the hardest thing you'll do. Still interested? Here's what you need to know:
Roles & Responsibilities:
Prior Experience & Professional Qualities:
- Work with the Head of BI to help deliver awesome data services and solutions.
- Elicit and document business and functional requirements using a variety of interview techniques
- Transform business requirements into detailed User Stories and clearly defined acceptance criteria that data engineers, data analyst and data scientists can consume.
- Decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to facilitate a general understanding
- Bring organizational ability to prioritize, plan, and proactively manage conflicts.
- A minimum of 5 years as a Product Owner / Business Analyst, and most recently in support of Insurance software development in an Agile / Scrum environment
- Excellent stakeholder management
- Expert level User Story writing skills
- Ability to facilitate meetings effectively
- Ability to conduct a variety of elicitation techniques (JAD, Interview, Observation, etc)
- High levels of energy, integrity and curiosity
- Experience using SQL to help facilitate a clear understanding of data requirements
- Experience with data visualization tools such as Tableau, Periscope or Power BI in an enterprise environment
- A bias for action and willingness to be accountable for your actions
If you were a Product Owner @Clearcover for the past month, you would have:
1. Started your day with some cold brew from our Limitless tap
2. Facilitated requirements meetings and written user stories
3. Thought about ways to enhance requirements elicitation, documentation and traceability for data solutions
5. Built relationships with other extremely high performing individuals
6. Learned new techniques and tools
7. Collaborated with product, engineering, finance, customer advocacy and other internal and external teams to develop a better understanding of our business, and customers' needs.
8. Participated in team retrospectives to help improve how Clearcover builds products
9. Asked for help and received guidance and support
10. Thrived on the sense of accountability and start-up culture of getting things done.
11. Enjoyed a beer from our smart fridge while sharing Friday Wins with the entire organization to share, learn about and reflect upon everything we accomplished during the week.
In addition to an awesome work culture and great flexibility, we offer competitive pay, equity, and benefits.
Clearcover, a Chicago-based company, provides high-quality car insurance at lower prices than traditional insurance carriers by applying advanced technology, refraining from expensive advertising and passing along the cost savings to customers. Clearcover has been featured in Forbes, Inc. and Venturebeat, for our innovative approach to changing the car insurance experience.