People, Place, Prosperity
Working within our Strategic Plan, Cambridge Connected, and committing to our values of Integrity, Respect, Inclusiveness and Service, the successful candidate will work together to help the City of Cambridge achieve our vision: A place for people to prosper – alive with opportunity.
Reporting to the Manager of Business Systems GIS Development Services, within the Technology Services Division of the Corporate Services Department, this position is responsible for the following duties:
What you will be doing
- Consults with business analysts and work with business staff in all departments to develop an understanding of the varied and complex business needs. Responsible for determining how changing business needs will affect the system. Understands the role of the system in the big picture and provides ideas and recommendations regarding the evolution of the system.
- Builds effective relationships with business units to develop a “joint” vision. Works together with consultants and other Technology Services staff to ensure the clients’ business needs have been met.
- Documents and develops system requirements, design and prototype solutions and complete full lifecycle testing though the development of Business Process Blueprinting, workshops and the actual design of workflow.
- Provides SAP programming proficiency in SAP PO (Process Orchestration), Fiori, ABAP, Batch data communication, User Exits, Interface and conversion methodologies, Dialog programming, SAP SmartForms, Adobe forms, and Innovapptive mWorkOrder.
- Codes and tests SQL for applications. Prepares SQL statements for use in programs as needed by programming staff. Obtains feedback from supervisor/co-workers, as necessary, to ensure accuracy of finished product. Tests code thoroughly as needed to ensure efficient and accurate results. Develops and implement integration using web services.
- Participates in troubleshooting and proactive performance monitoring. Critical components of this position include a detailed understanding of SAP module interactions at the code level, proficiency in SAP ABAP programming, testing, and debugging functions related to the implementation of SAP modules, ability to analyze a diverse range of technical issues across multiple platforms, and working closely with the SAP Basis team to identify potential performance issues as well as recommend and validate improvements.
- SAP data integrity and accuracy verifications (making sure interfaces with other systems work as intended, verify and correct any discrepancies, data standards are being followed).
- Collaborate with analysts, developers, database admin and system owners in the testing of SAP software programs and functional/system integration.
- Maintains knowledge of current trends and developments and applies pertinent new knowledge to performance of other responsibilities. Participates in internal and external educational programs as available for continuing professional education. Participates in regular meetings of available and applicable professional organizations. Reads and evaluates professional literature on continual basis; translate complex or technical information into a format that can be understood by others and distributes as needed.
- Recommend solutions to implement new processes or to improve and expand functionality of existing system, independent or in conjunction with other City owned software.
Undergraduate Degree – four (4) years’ or equivalent in Computer Science, Business or similar
Experience and Knowledge
Minimum (5+) years’ experience , including knowledge of:
Experience and knowledgable in, Development, Analysis, technical writing, ABAP, Fiori, mWorkOrder
Experience with Project Management; ABAP, Fiori, mWorkOrder, HTML5, Java, Python; Crystal Reports;
Providing training and/or guidance to all levels of users on new processes, reports and dashboards
Municipal systems experience preferred
We will ask you for these items if you are hired
Proof of your current and valid certificate(s) and/or educational qualifications.
Worker Health and Safety Awareness Training Certificate from the Ministry of Labour
Valid G driver's license.
The annual salary range for this non-union position is $72,633 to $88,577 (Band Level 4). We offer a comprehensive benefit package and are an Ontario Municipal Employees Retirement System (OMERS) employer.
Hours of work
Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (35 hours per week).
Advertisement expiration date
This posting closes Janaury 30, 2019.
Accommodation needs and protection of privacy
The City of Cambridge welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Please make your needs known in advance by contacting the Human Resources Division.
Personal information collected in relation to the recruitment process is collected under the authority outlined in the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and used solely to determine eligibility for employment with the City of Cambridge only.