You’ve been searching for an opportunity, where you’re guaranteed a few key things: on-the-job training, room for advancement, and stability.
Look no further, because with Cask Global Canning Solutions (http://www.cask.com/) , you can have all that and more.
Cask Global Canning Solutions has been around since 1999 we’ve been providing innovative and affordable canning systems to the world’s small and medium-sized businesses. Some of these creators include craft beer, cider, wine, cold brewed coffee, kombucha and other life-enhancing beverages. Cask has installed 875+ canning systems in 46 different countries across the world, and now we are looking for an Assembly Technician to join our team.
As our new Assembly Technician, your primary objective is to build high quality canning machines for our Customers.
You’ll be part of a dynamic team assembling our core line of machines from the ground up, following engineering specifications. Working closely with other team members to ensure timely completion of builds and surpassing our Customer’s expectations, your ability to work hard and push the pace will be perfect for our fast-paced environment.
You’ll start your day grabbing the parts you need from our inventory department, you’ll assemble your parts into sub-assemblies, and start building our machines. You’ll end each project with quality testing and process the order for shipping.
You’re a handy person, so you’ll be able to identify different bolts, work with various hand tools and lift heavy materials, working on about 1-3 machines a week.
You understand that wherever there is a problem, there is a solution and you are constantly finding new ways to resolve them. This could mean assisting our service team in trouble shooting, assisting inventory control personnel with stock counts or lending a hand in shipping.
On a practical level you will:
* Assemble machines to engineering specifications within specified tolerances.
* Operate basic hand tools including, but not limited to, wrenches, drills and screwdrivers.
* Basic fabrication including, but not limited to, drilling and tapping holes and modifying stainless steel components.
* Basic control panel wiring / terminations.
* Troubleshoot operating issues during setup and testing.
* Maintain a clean and safe working area.
Working at Cask Global Canning Solutions
This is a full-time, permanent role with a competitive salary of $52,000/year. We also offer a comprehensive group benefits package (health, dental, vision, etc.), and vacation. You’ll work Monday to Friday, 6:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Pension program (2% match by Cask) and optional RRSP and TFSA (unmatched) options as well.
You‘ll be joining a team that is dedicated to getting the job done well - we believe “good enough,” is not enough. We are a committed group that loves the work we do and the people we work with. We value and invest in your professional development and offer significant opportunities to learn new skills and grow with the company.
* Experience in a production / mechanical assembly environment.
* Ability to read and follow engineering assembly drawing combined with basic math skills and ability to correctly read a measuring tape (both metric and imperial scales).
* Ability to safely lift 50 lbs or more.
* Mechanical experience, especially with respect to assembly.
* Electrical background an asset.
* Forklift experience / license an asset.
* First Aid training and safety system experience an asset.
How to Apply
Our online application will give you the option to apply to this role as a complete person – not just a resume. The application will assess your qualifications, personality traits and workplace preferences, and should take 10 to 15 minutes to complete. After submitting, you'll receive an email inviting you to log in and view your assessment results.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us using the “Help” button
We will review applications, with priority given to those who have completed the assessment, and look forward to hearing from you.