Amalgamated Bank seeks a full-time General Services Specialist to provide mail distribution services for the Bank. This individual will be responsible for processing incoming and outgoing mail for all departments and branches located in New York. Utilize all mailroom equipment necessary to complete required processing tasks.
Essential Job Functions:
- Operate postage meter machine for all mail.
- Follow established policy and procedures to process outgoing overnight shipments through UPS Worldship System.
- Process incoming deliveries e.g., UPS, FedEx, and USPS through Pac Trac Tracking Systems.
- Sort and dispense incoming Inter-office mail/First Class Mail into departmental bins.
- Remove and place all mail from designated departmental bins into assigned folders in mail cart, upon completion of sorting incoming Inter-office mail/First Class Mail.
- Responsible for segregating daily Mass Mailings to be processed utilizing Folder/Inserting machine.
- Segregate Nursing Home Statements and Lease Security Reports processing them through UPS Worldship System.
- Pick-up and deliver mail according to established deadlines.
- Prepare registered and certified mail log information into ledger, to include destination, department, type of mail and mailing number, and deliver to the Post Office upon officer's signature.
- Retrieve mail from various department mailboxes. Sort internal mail from external and make deliveries as appropriate.
- Act as back up to various general service staff, as requested.
- Retrieve and replace selected bins chosen to store items and documents designated for destruction, from various departments located at the main office.
- Remove and shred all items and documents placed in bins from main office departments and branches.
- Responsible for removing bags from shredder and placing in designated area.
- Fill "Picklist" orders of stock items.
- Prepare completed orders for delivery to requisitioning departments.
- Receive deliveries from various vendors; confirm accuracy of shipment by comparing Purchase Order to merchandise received.
- Report unresolved Purchasing discrepancies to Purchasing Manager.
- Maintain Bank's pantry/bottled water supply.
- Perform various administrative duties as directed by manager.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Requirements:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to run mailroom equipment.
- Ability to lift and carry heavy items.
- Knowledge of postal requirements.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $45,000.00 to $55,000.00 /year
- plumbing: 1 year (Preferred)
- Service Technician: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- United States (Preferred)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Other types of insurance
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants under 18 years old, provided it is legally allowed for the job and location
- Open to applicants who do not have a high school diploma/GED
- A "Fair Chance" job (you or the employer follow Fair Chance hiring practices when performing background checks - learn more at https://start.indeed.com/fair-chance)
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A good first job for someone who is just entering the workforce with limited experience and education
- A good first job for new college grads