Conveniently located in the Town of Banff, just steps away from the glacier-fed Bow River, Banff Park Lodge is a full-service Resort Hotel and Conference Centre. Here we experience the best of both worlds: the peace and solitude of a quiet location, yet quick access to a livelier scene in downtown Banff. The Banff Park Lodge has two sister properties; the Bow View Lodge and our new development estimated to open in 2020!
We are currently seeking a full-time permanent Sales Manager. The salary for this position is based on experience.
- Works closely with the Director of Sales to determine appropriate sales strategies in all market segments.
- Attend trade and travel shows to represent the Banff Park Lodge, Bow View Lodge and Homestead Inn.
- Conduct outside sales calls, telephone solicitation and on-site visits to establish and maintain relationships with new and existing clients.
- Target new and corporate and meeting business by conducting FAM'S, business presentations, market research, competitive analysis and staying up-to-date on world travel trends and news.
- Input and maintain all client information into Visual One system as necessary.
- Participate in weekly sales meetings, pre-trade show meetings, training and other sales-related meetings.
- Prepare weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual sales reports as required.
- Conduct account and market research and use to develop strategies to grow market share in specific segment.
- Other duties as required.
- Minimum 2 years of hotel sales management experience with proven track record, established industry contacts and knowledge of marketplace
- Works well under pressure.
- Travel will be required.
- Hospitality Degree or Diploma an asset.
- Highly energetic and strategic seller with well-developed sales skills including excellent negotiation, prospecting, presentation, and verbal & written communication skills
- Strong organization skills and detail oriented, commitment to exceptional customer service
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Computer literacy (excel, word, group booking systems, internet, email, Visual One).
- Must have a valid driver's license, own transportation and willing to work flexible hours.
- Staff accommodation is available
- Friends and family rates available at all three properties, F&B discounts available at Crave Mountain Grill and La Terrazza Dining Room & Lounge
- Health benefits available immediately including life insurance, dental, medical and drug coverage
- Meal Account
- Free dry cleaning available
- Ski Pass subsidy available, receive a return of up to $350; payroll deduction available
- Education reimbursement for English as a Second Language Course
- Payroll deduction available for a local gym membership
- Monthly staff events hosted by our very own Social Committee
- Living in beautiful Banff National Park!
Job Type: Full-time
- sales: 2 years (Required)
- Class 5 Drivers License (Required)