Bandwidth10 Inc. was founded to bring forth transformational long-wavelength tunable verticalcavity surface emitting laser (VCSEL) technology. The company's primary products are a family of long wavelength tunable lasers and transceivers for data communications and sensing
Bandwidth10 is seeking a self-motivated Optical Systems Engineer to make an impact bringing
technology to market. The person will be responsible for working with customers on a day to day
basis on integrating Bandwidth10's novel tunable transceivers into their systems. The person will
be working hands on in innovative, cutting-edge transceiver and optical system design, and
testing of optical communication systems and subsystems.
Principal responsibilities include:
- Supporting ongoing development of a tunable VCSEL-based optical transceiver
- Communicating with and working with customers to implement the company's
transceivers in the customers systems.
- Travel to customer sites and assist integration of company's transceivers in customer
- Development of wavelength stabilization approaches at the systems level in concert with
the transceiver design team.
- In house optical systems level testing focusing on verifying transceivers meet customer
requirements as well as developing new features in concert with transceiver design team.
- Working with sales and marketing team and customers to identify new features and
requirements for next generation product line.
- Work with the sales and marketing team to keep product literature
- Documenting features, designs, experiments
- MS/PHD in optical communications or related field; 5-10+ years of industrial experience a
- 5+ years of experience in optical communications systems design/testing
- Familiarity with line card and transceiver firmware and software.
- Willingness to travel to customer sites 50% of time
- Willingness to quickly learn new skills in a dynamic working environment
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written in English; Mandarin a plus.
- Ability to work independently as well as in cross-functional teams including engineering, sales, quality, finance and operations
Job Type: Full-time
- Optical Engineering: 5 years (Required)