Are you an avid music app user? Do you consistently follow your favorite artist tours? Do you want to learn how apps and digital products are built?
Bandsintown is looking for a summer intern to join the Product team in our New York City office. Our ideal candidate would answer “Yes” to all of the questions above. The Product Intern will report to the Product lead for our Promoter platform. This internship is perfect for someone looking to learn more about the music and tech industries, develop valuable relationships, and learn about working in a fast-paced environment.
The ideal candidate is interested in expanding skills related to the music industry, product marketing, digital marketing, event promotions, and data analysis. He/She should be forward-thinking, detail-oriented, organized, and passionate.
We are looking to teach about our industry as a whole and to offer insight into what it’s like to work for a music tech company.
Candidates must be enrolled in an internship program through an accredited educational program. The Bandsintown Product internship is unpaid for credit; at least 20 hours per week are expected.
- Quality assure and test product updates before releases
- Drafting out product build specification
- Drawing out user insights: collecting user feedback, and defining most actionable requests
- Conduct competitive analyses and market research for the product team
- Building stat reports for clients that request weekly/ monthly requests
- Analyzing product data and A/B test stats
- Helping out with product update presentations for internal meetings
- Outlining performance and revenue reports
You must be enrolled in an internship course for the term and eligible to receive credit for your time with Bandsintown
- Excellent communication skills and ability to perform tasks under deadlines
- Passion for technology and digital products
- Ability to conduct research on the music and tech industries
- Experience with Google Drive
- Basic understanding of analytics tools
- Lives in greater NYC area (available to commute to midtown)
- Fun office atmosphere and friendly, rockstar coworkers
- Casual dress code
- Internship / Life balance
- Receive an internship 'syllabus' on your first day
- Ongoing check-ins with your internship manager
- Optional career development / resume review with Product Manager
- Work with a recognizable product / brand that music fans love