The Electrical Engineer (EE) is responsible for the electrical system designs associated with new buildings and renovations for; consulting design projects, design-build projects, and performance contract projects. The Engineer will be responsible for overseeing and training junior electrical engineers and designing and drafting technicians. Associated responsibilities include but are not limited to; engineering design and drafting, specification writing, cost estimating, field investigations and construction site visits, energy analysis, photometric calculations, fault current and coordination studies.
Responsibilities of this position include:
- Manage the design of electrical systems for building renovations on design-build projects.
- Manage the design of electrical systems for new and renovated building construction on consulting projects that will be constructed by the Owner's contractor. (traditional engineering consulting services).
- Develop office technical standards for design and energy service projects. Research and stay abreast of new technologies. Work with the Bancroft Management Team to identify and implement office
- Perform energy analyses and determine energy and maintenance savings associated with lighting and electrical system retrofits for LEED and performance contract projects.
- Perform energy audit walk-thru of existing facilities to document existing conditions and identify lighting and electrical retrofit opportunities for energy conservation.
- Support proposal development. Provide the majority of the proposal input, including detailed technical project descriptions, financial descriptions, and detailed supporting documentation of contractor quotes, simulation results, and cost and savings derivations.
- Train and develop junior engineers and design/ drafting technicians on; electrical systems design, technologies, codes and contract document preparation.
- Assist Senior Management in determining the engineering effort required to produce a project when developing project budgets and fees.
- Undergraduate (BS) degree in electrical engineering and E.I.T. registration as a professional electrical engineer required.
- Must be a US Resident
- 1-5 years of experience in Electrical systems design to include; power, lighting, lightning protection, fire alarm, and solar photovoltaic (PV) systems.
- Familiarity with LEED and green building design.
- Knowledge of the local building codes.
- Familiarity with the latest lighting and electrical conservation technologies.
- Experience in energy analysis to identify, screen, and develop energy conservation measures for PC and design-build projects is preferable.
- Able to plan and manage the development and production of permit and contract documents for the construction of electrical systems to include; power, lighting, lightning protection, fire alarm and PV systems & IT.
- Able to interact effectively across organizational boundaries to achieve goals and meet deadlines.
- Good knowledge of local and national building codes and standards to include; Florida Building Codes, NFPA Codes, USBC LEED standards and ASHRAE 90.1
- Experience in the overall integration of design engineering, construction, start-up/turnover, and subsequent operation and maintenance of electrical systems.
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
- Engineering, analytical and technical writing skills.
- Skillful with computer software including word processing, spreadsheet analyses, photometric lighting analysis (AGI or visual) and coordination study software (SKM).
- Experience in various utility rebate programs offered for electrical projects desirable
- AutoCAD and Revit proficiency and experience is a must.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $45,000.00 to $58,000.00 /year
- Electrical Design: 3 years (Preferred)
- Elk Grove Village, IL 60007 (Preferred)