Sabadell is a global financial institution headquartered in Barcelona, Spain and one of Europe’s oldest and most successful banking groups since its founding in 1881. Sabadell covers all areas of the financial business sector under a common denominator: professional performance and quality. In the United States, Sabadell has operated with an International Full Branch since 1993. We offer Corporate Banking services to international companies in the American market, and Private Banking services primarily to Latin American high net worth individuals and families.
Banco Sabadell is seeking a Staff Accountant candidate to join a dynamic team within one of the fastest growing banks in Florida.
- Performs mid-level general ledger account reconciliations, verify accuracy of data, report, identify, and correct errors made by both internal and external personnel
- Support timely monthly, quarterly, half-year, and year-end financial close, including assigned journal entries, balance sheet account reconciliations, and accruals.
- Responsible for processing employee expense reports behind Concur application.
- Prepare payments by accruing expenses, assigning account numbers, requesting disbursements, reconciling accounts.
- Answer accounting and financial inquiries by researching and interpreting data.
- Preparation of customer documents such as confirmations, account balance inquiries, and other customer driven related requests.
- Responsible of handling various accounting, analytical and financial reporting functions of the accounting department.
- Prepare special financial reports as requested by management by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Supports ad hoc requests from Accounting Managers and perform accounting functions as assigned including, but not limited to, account reconciliations, performing and analyzing accruals, prepaid, fees, fixed assets, and expense reports.
- Performs other related duties as required to accomplish the objectives of the position.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, or related field.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in bank accounting or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to analyze and interpret financial data and to present findings clearly.
- Excellent computer skills including: spreadsheets, excel functions and MS Office.
Sabadell is an Equal Employment Opportunity