As a global specialty retailer, Banana Republic is focused on delivering versatile, contemporary classics. Our customers seek to make the most of every moment. How we do it is just as important as what we do. We value people who are confident, optimistic and curious, because we believe in unleashing creativity and greatness every day.
As a member of the Banana Republic field leadership team, the General Manager (GM) is responsible for managing all aspects of their store’s business, including attracting, hiring, and training Brand Ambassadors; executing store strategy; and achieving key business goals.
Drives productivity of team to achieve store financial, revenue and expense targets.
Monitors sales forecasts to ensure labor is utilized to optimize traffic and sales.
Leads implementation of product placement, marketing and promotional strategies.
Ensures team executes operational excellence by engaging customers through in service mindset.
Works with team to measure the success of brand initiatives, in-store trends and market insights to drive growth.
Represents our brand within their market, understanding our competitors as well as driving community relationships.
Promotes store involvement in Community in Action programs.
Upholds a high-quality store experience for the external and internal customer.
Builds effective relationships with cross-divisional and store-center partners.
Attracts and selects high potential talent; assesses for skill and cultural fit.
Accountable for team performance through consistent coaching and feedback.
Creates development plans that support performance needs and career growth for self and direct reports.
Holds store team and self accountable to all Gap Inc. standards of performance.
Leads efforts to reduce in-store shrink activity through education, awareness and compliance.
Ensures compliance to all Federal, Provincial, State, and Gap Inc. employment requirements.
- 3-5 years of retail management experience.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results through motivation, inspiration and accountability.
- Shows internal drive to succeed.
- Ability to communicate well with others and provide clarity to the team about the mission and the day-to-day goals.
- Skilled at recognizing great performance and delivering constructive feedback.
- Demonstrates creativity and innovation in problem solving.
- Has a solid understanding of the business, and a drive to apply knowledge to grow the business.
- Established time management skills and effective planning and prioritizing skills.
- College Degree preferred
- Ability to lift and carry 30 lbs.
- Ability to maneuver around salesfloor, stockroom and office.
- Travel between stores and outside the state/province if necessary
- Open availability to meet the needs of the business, including evenings and weekends.
KEY BENEFITS :
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet.
- Company paid vacation, sick days, float and bereavement days *
- Maternity leave top up. *
- Employee retirement savings plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Employees eligible to receive health, dental, disability and life insurance. *
- Tuition reimbursement program.
- Employee family assistance program.
The Canada benefits listed above do not constitute fundamental terms of the employment contract, and are subject to employee eligibility and employer discretion. The company reserves the right to amend or eliminate these benefits from time to time at its sole discretion.
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.