The P&P Administrator’s role is integral in driving Bambora’s values-based culture. Being a culture champion, they will model desired behaviors and be a living example of how one can Be Bold, Passionate, Collaborative and Responsible, in their own way. HR at Bambora is not about ‘we have always done it this way’, but about disrupting our traditional HR train of thought and thinking differently.
The P&P Administrator must be flexible and open-minded, never letting it be at the expense of details. This role interacts with all levels all of the business in Canada, the US and sometimes Europe and so superior communication skills and a great interest in people are a must!
Note: this is a part-time role of around 20-25 hours per week
What you will do:
Proactively support the recruitment process:
- Submit vacancy requests
- Work with managers to coordinate their recruitments and post jobs in the Bambora voice, including scheduling interviews
- Telephone screen for values-fit - help find Bamborians (what we call our employees) that live our values in their own way from day 1
- Conduct reference & background checks
- Ensure a stellar candidate experience for all potential Bamborians
- Administer HR-related documentation, such as contracts of employment, merit review letters, employee files and FTE reports
Ensure the relevant HR database is up to date, accurate and complies with legislation
Document HR processes (think flow charts & infographics)
Keep the handbook, intranet and other employee communication avenues, including policies, up to date, values-focused and engaging
Help with the on-boarding process- offer letters, entry into HR database, and the overall experience
Liaise with payroll on employee updates and benefits
- Work with the HR Manager to brainstorm, design and implement new HR initiatives in the Zoo (this is what we call our office)!
- Support the HR Manager with ad-hoc requests
- Learn and grow!
Who you are:
You are a confident self-starter with strong HR technical abilities who exemplifies:
Curiosity and knowledge seeking, with an awareness of evolving trends in HR
- Incredible organization skills and attention to detail- you feel at your best when organizing things and making sure the details are in place
- Proficiency in Excel (you might need to love spreadsheets, if even just a little bit)
- Creativity and a process-driven attitude- you're constantly looking for ways to make things work more efficiently
- Being a team player and collaborator- adept at working with multiple people at any given time
- True flexibility- capable of shifting tasks and priorities in a big way at the drop of a hat
- Excellent verbal and written communication, with a seamless blend of professionalism, friendliness and empathy
- Working knowledge of Canadian Employment Standards and legislation, specifically BC, AB and ON
- Ambitions of developing a career in HR, some combination of education/work experience in HR and a growth mindset
It would be great if you had:
A college level education in human resources, or almost there!
- Experience working in SuccessFactors, Who’s Off and HR recruitment tools
- Experience working with Slack, Sharepoint & One Drive and other work efficiency/collaboration tools
- Knowledge of US Employment Standards and law
In your application, please let us know why you are passionate about HR!
Who we are:
We are proud to come together as innovators, service engineers, financial advisors, marketers, and digital masters. Bambora process transactions in 65 markets and has over 700 employees in Europe, North America and Australia.
The payment market is rapidly changing, and Bambora is a part of that change. We are a payment company with global presence and a mission to simplify payments for small and mid-sized merchants whether that business is in-store, online or in-app. In July 2017, we became part of Ingenico Group, one of the world's largest payment companies, which provides increased opportunities for us to simplify payments and help customers grow worldwide.
In North America we are globally-minded with a start-up atmosphere. You will experience this in your every-day life as a Bamborian.