Controller - Construction Company
Are you a Controller looking to make a real impact? Are you wanting to be a part of a dynamic and collaborative team? Do you act with integrity and hold yourself to the highest standards? If the answer is, "Yes!" then we have an exciting, long-term opportunity for you!
We are looking for a Controller to lead our accounting team in St. Louis at our headquarters located near downtown. You'll be responsible for all facets of the day-to-day accounting activities of a specialty contractor with 150 employees and offices in St. Louis and Kansas City.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Excellent benefits including family health, dental, vision, individual disability insurance; ample paid time off
- 401(k) plan with matching company contribution
- Results based bonus plan
- Flexible work schedule
A key member of management reporting directly to the Vice-President/General Manager. Provide leadership and coordination of company financial management functions ensuring Company accounting procedures conform to generally accepted accounting principles.
Major Responsibilities or "A day in the life" of a construction Controller
- Prepare monthly financial statements and reconcile the job cost for the various companies.
- Monitor accounting transactions throughout the month and resolve any issues that occur in the process on a daily basis.
- Work on a variety of different projects throughout the month that are delegated from the President or Vice President.
- Respond to requests for information and analysis from Field Managers on various accounting and financial issues.
- Providing daily and/or weekly analysis and reporting on operational performance as it relates to the business activities including monitoring margins, variances, and giving feedback
- Manage the accounting and administrative staff.
- Assist the VP/General Manager with contract review.
- Qualified candidates must have a Bachelor of Science in Accounting or Finance with 3-5 years of public or construction-related accounting experience.
- Accounting or Master's degree required.
- Experience in the construction industry is also considered a plus but is not required.
- Candidates must have the ability to establish good working relationships with Senior Management and fit in with the established culture of the company.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $70,000.00 to $90,000.00 /year
- relevant: 4 years (Preferred)
- accounting: 3 years (Required)
- CPA (Preferred)
- A valid CPA CMA or other related accounting designation (Preferred)
- Monday (Required)
- Tuesday (Required)
- Wednesday (Required)
- Thursday (Required)
- Friday (Required)