This is an entry level position in our roasting and packaging facility.
Previous experience in a similar role is an asset, but we are willing to train. Key responsibilities will include:
- Fill coffee orders and pack coffee in various sizes of bags and cases to prepare for shipping
- Operate weigh and fill machines, band sealers and tape machines for packing purposes
- Adhere to all HACCP food-safety requirements, including but not limited to:
- Maintaining logs and records for traceability and certification purposes
- Completing daily operational checklists to ensure an organized, clean and food-safe workplace.
- On-going cleaning and preventative maintenance of equipment
- Perform general custodial responsibilities in warehouse and roasting area
- Assist the roasting staff as needed; manually moving full bins of coffee as well as green coffee bags. Loading raw coffee into the roaster and unloading roasted coffee into bins.
- Assist the Delivery Drivers with loading and unloading delivery vehicles; occasionally go on deliveries as a delivery assistant
- Follow all Work Safe Practices while on premises and on shift
Qualifications and Proven Work Ability:
- Full G class driver's license
- Team player; you'll be working with a small team in close quarters each day you are on shift
- Proven ability to be versatile; a "can do anything" approach
- Thrives when faced with a challenge; tackles problems quickly yet thoughtfully with a team player approach
- Is service and solution oriented, with a balanced approach to serving customer and co-worker needs and priorities
- Previous warehouse experience is an asset; previous work with packaging machinery an asset
- Willingness to accept the most effective role
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
- Ability towork standing up for 8 hour and keep pace in a fast-moving environment
- Ability to lift 66 lbs. (a full bin of roasted coffee) 1 ft. off the ground and transfer to a cart
- Ability to pull or push a 66 lbs. bin of roasted coffee a distance of 25 feet
- Ability to lift 40 lbs. from the ground unassisted and carry as required
- Ability to twist, turn, reach and work above shoulder level throughout a shift
- Ability to grip items such as coffee scoops and label makers for filling orders
- Ability to operate a pallet jack and physically push/pull large skids of coffee
- Repetitive movements such as placing stickers precisely on bags for long periods of time
Candidates must be legally employable in Canada to be considered for employment.
Job Type: Full-time
- Full G license (Required)