Balyasny Asset Management is looking for a Python Developer Intern to work on an investing team on projects related to data analysis and research, web-based data platform development, and data-driven idea generation. This is an excellent opportunity to work on research at a leading hedge fund, offering hands-on experience at the intersection of fundamental investing, data analysis, and quantitative strategy research.
- Ingest and analyze cutting-edge alternative datasets, and develop data visualization and analytics projects, utilizing proprietary datasets costing millions of dollars per year.
- Performance engineering: help tune and improve main signal testing engine.
- Maintain and improve a data analytics web platform built in Python Django; work with the Portfolio Manager and team to develop new features and functionality.
- Conduct independent research on various new datasets and help develop actual trading strategies.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIRMENTS
- Bachelors/Masters degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Financial Engineering or a related quantitative field.
- Expertise in Python 3.
- Experience in Python web development would be a plus.
- Working knowledge in math, statistics and data analysis; familiar with Python data analysis libraries like NumPy, Pandas, etc.
- Experience with AWS / cloud computing is not necessary but would be a plus.
- Self-starter, results-driven attitude and ability to multitask.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, outstanding attention to detail and strong organization skills.
**MUST BE ABLE TO WORK AT LEAST 20 HOURS PER WEEK**