Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, the responsibilities for this position will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assisting with general repairs, routine inspections, and regular maintenance of furniture, fixtures, and equipment and providing general upkeep to the retirement community; you may be required to perform minor carpentry projects from time to time;
- Ensuring that on-site work areas are clean and safe and that walkways are kept free of snow, ice, and debris;
- Observing all fire, safety, and health regulations and is alert for the safety of residents, staff, and public; abides by the occupational health and safety policies.
- Facilitating the car service program of driving residents to their destinations in a professional, courteous and expeditious manner;
- Ensuring the Company vehicle is kept clean (interior and exterior) at all times;
- Carrying out regular and routine vehicle maintenance inspections and maintains records of inspections on the Company provided documentation;
- Scheduling vehicle maintenance, as directed, keeping track of all general maintenance schedules, and filing all records, including receipts for vehicle maintenance;
- Maintaining a travel log to record areas travelled to, travel time, and any fees that need to be billed back to the resident;
- Immediately reporting any case of accident, injury, or damage of vehicles to the Maintenance Manager.
The key qualifications for this position will include, but are not limited to:
- Valid provincial driver's license; an F-class licence is preferred but not required;
- You must have at least three (3) years of experiencewhere you were employed driving and transporting passengers;
- Being an accountable team player;
- Good communication skills and a friendly demeanor with the ability to exercise diplomacy in dealing with internal and external parties;
- Time management skills and the ability to prioritize projects and meet assigned deadlines;
- Knowledge of the Collingwood community.
Job Type: Full-time
- driving and transporting passengers: 3 years (Required)
- provincial driver's (Required)
- F-class driver's (Preferred)