Ballet Hispanico is the leading Latino dance organization in the United States. As an American arts institution, we provide artists, young people, and communities of color a platform for creative immersion. As a cultural ambassador to the world, Ballet Hispanico brings people together to celebrate the depth and beauty of Latino cultures. Nearly 50 years ago, the organization's founder, National Medal of Arts recipient Tina Ramirez, sought to give voice to the Hispanicexperience and break through the stereotypes of her time. Today, acclaimed choreographer and former company member Eduardo Vilaro leads Ballet Hispanico and its mission of providing social equity, cultural identity, and quality arts education for all.
As we approach our 50th anniversary in 2020, the Communications Coordinator will play a key role in branding Ballet Hispanico's exciting nationwide education programs, cultural community engagement events, and performances throughout the world. Reporting to the Senior Director of Marketing & Communications, the Communications Coordinator is a key member of the External Affairs team and works closely with senior leadership to create compelling collateral for the Company, School of Dance and Community Arts Partnerships departments. The ideal candidate is an organized, detail-oriented, team player with excellent writing and editing skills, and a minimum of 2 years of experience in communications.
- Ensure that the content and design of all collateral aligns with Ballet Hispanico's branding guidelines for the Company, School of Dance, and Community Arts Partnerships programs
- Manage the website to ensure that all content is accurate and current
- Provide marketing support for the Company's presenting venues while on tour, supplying program copy and multimedia content while managing competing print deadlines domestically and internationally
- Develop, perfect, and maintain an internal communications portal where team members and presenters can obtain the updated brand information
- Send organization-wide updates and solicit feedback with ability to appropriately answer questions and route feedback to the right people
- Collaborate on digital marketing efforts for all areas of the organization, including content strategy for social media, e-mail marketing, and website
- Write and copy-edit communications materials for all departments
- Monitor and update content on all external platforms including Charity Navigator, GuideStar, and others as they emerge
- Maintain repository of press quotes and archive press clips
- Maintain Master Style Guide and Guidelines document for the organization
- Develop innovative communications materials to support Ballet Hispanico's strategic mission
- Work collaboratively across the organization to improve communications
- Support the execution of the Company's New York performances and events
Essential Skills & Qualities
- Bachelor's degree required (preferably in a writing-heavy field, such as English, History or Communications) and at least 2 years of experience in communications at a non-profit or corporate organization
- Experience creating flawless written materials on a variety of platforms: Word and PowerPoint, social media posts, email marketing, newsletters, etc.
- Social media savvy
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Creative Suite, and Salesforce
- Genuine interest in and commitment to Ballet Hispanico's mission
- Strong interpersonal skills a must
- Proactive with the ability to work on multiple projects efficiently
- Flexible and adaptable
- Energetic and eager to tackle new projects and ideas
- Team-oriented, positive attitude, sense of humor
- Familiarity with Chicago Manual of Style a plus
- MINDBODY proficiency a plus but not required
Compensation and Benefits
This is a nonexempt position that will report to the Senior Director of Marketing & Communications. Ballet Hispanico offers a competitive salary and benefits package with generous paid time off and perks to support a healthy work-life balance.
How to Apply
If you wish to be considered, please include a cover letter, resume, and writing sample.
Ballet Hispanico is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time