Ballet Beautiful is a ballet-inspired fitness method which focuses on toning, tightening, and lengthening your ballet muscles to achieve the sleek physique of a ballerina. Founded by Mary Helen Bowers, personal trainer to Natalie Portman for "Black Swan", Ballet Beautiful is a favorite of actresses, supermodels and celebrities along with millions of women around the world. Ballet Beautiful offers online workouts and streaming memberships, along with DVDs and activewear. We also host group classes and private training sessions out of our SoHo studio.
We are currently looking for an Office Assistant to help manage the fitness studio and brand. Someone who is able to work independently and confidently under pressure and think outside the box. Resourcefulness and great multi-tasking skills are required. Our office is located in SoHo, NYC.
About the role
We are looking for someone to join our very small team and work part-time in our office assisting with daily tasks and projects. Day-to-day tasks will vary, but generally we are looking for help with office operations and marketing. Schedule is fairly flexible, but we are looking for someone who can come in for at least a few hours most weekdays. The office assistant will be working closely with our team of three full-time employees, and will provide support managing both the office and the fitness studio.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintain fitness studio: make sure classes and sessions are running smoothly, wash and fold towels, make sure studio is neat and clean at all times.
- Monitor supplies and re-order when necessary (tissues, toilet paper, paper towels, office supplies, etc.).
- Assistance with studio schedule and help with booking clients.
- Provide support to trainers and clients: help set up for sessions, interact with clients and make sure they feel welcome and have everything they need.
- Help to organize and maintain stock, assist with in-studio apparel sales and marketing initiatives within studio.
- Assist with creative projects: pull images for design of marketing materials, search for content and files we need, and organize these materials for easy use in the future, occasionally pick up or drop off materials from outside studio.
- Social Media: We need help posting on and monitoring our Instagram account, ideally the candidate could eventually take over this task completely.
- Possibility for growth: we frequently promote from within. Our ideal candidate is someone who would grow with the company, and is open to expanding their role in the future.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Must be a "people person". Occasionally you will be interacting with clients or partners, and it is extremely important that you are friendly, courteous, and easy to talk to.
- Must be able to work at least 15 hours/week.
- Previous experience in retail or other customer-facing role preferred.
- Must be physically able to walk up and down stairs (we're a 5th floor walkup!) and sometimes carry small boxes.
- A no-task-is-too-small attitude - all of our operations are a group effort, including tasks as small as taking out the trash. It is important that the candidate does not feel that any mundane task is beneath them.
- Works well under pressure. We often are working under tight deadlines, so it is important that the candidate can handle this and work efficiently.
- Discretion: It is very important that the privacy of our clients, especially our VIP clients, is respected at all time. Experience working with/around high-profile people is preferred.
- No education requirements, but preference will be given to college students and graduates.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $15.00 to $20.00 /hour
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- New York, NY 10012 (Required)
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
- Running errands
- Stocking supplies
- Answering and routing phone calls
- Managing social media
- Greeting visitors
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Achievement-oriented -- enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
- Innovative -- prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity
- High stress tolerance -- thrives in a high-pressure environment
This Job Is:
- A good job for someone just entering the workforce or returning to the workforce with limited experience and education
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- Monday to Friday
- Day shift