Combining classical integrity with a contemporary sensibility, Ballet BC is a company of 18 talented dancers from Canada and around the world that is committed to the ballet of today. Solidly grounded in the rigour and artistry of classical ballet, with an emphasis on innovation and the immediacy of the 21st century, the company presents a distinct and diverse repertoire of the most sought-after Canadian and international contemporary ballet choreography. Ballet BC continues its commitment to perform highly acclaimed productions on regional, national and international tours in addition to its regular performance season at the Queen Elizabeth Theatre in Vancouver.
Ballet BC is seeking a mid-level development professional to oversee all individual giving and donor events for a dynamic fundraising department. This role oversees all donor events and the individual giving program with a direct report (Development Coordinator) assisting with Annual Fund Campaign and events.
While serving this leading contemporary ballet company, specific responsibilities will include:
- Design annual plans, with the guidance of the executive director, for identifying, cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding all individuals;
- Personally responsible, with the assistance of the development coordinator, for the engagement, solicitation and continual stewardship of donors who contribute up to $5,000;
- Donor engagement includes digital, written, and verbal communication, and often includes collaboration with the marketing and audience services departments;
- Track the donor portfolio for the executive director, artistic director, and in some cases the board of directors, who are cultivating and soliciting major donors;
- With the assistance of the development coordinator and development assistant (PT), execution of donor events, including patron trips with the company;
- Execution of all corporate events that occur due to a corporate sponsorship or donation of any kind;
- Design and implement a planned giving program that informs and solicits non-cash gifts such as bequests, trusts, insurance, and stock from patrons;
- Oversight of donor records and donor database, including enforcing policies on data entry and gift acknowledgement; and
- Assisting in Corporate Sponsorship identification and solicitation when needed.
- 4-6 years fund raising experience
- A Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited university or college
- Thorough understanding of individual giving campaigns
- Ability to manage staff and collaborate with peers
- Ability to plan and execute fund raising campaigns
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent people skills, personable and professional
- Excellent computer skills; knowledge of eTapestry or other similar database preferred
- Knowledge of Vancouver philanthropic community preferred
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit their CV and Letter of Intent via email, Attention: Executive Director
Applications will be accepted until noon, Friday February 1, 2019.
We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $65,000.00 to $70,000.00 /year
- fund raising: 4 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)