Halyard, Inc seeks Job Captain to assist Project Architect with apartment building renovation and new apartment projects throughout San Francisco.
- As-Builts: Supervise field surveys to create or verify existing conditions drawings and set up CAD files
- Schematic Design: Assist with building code analysis. Supervise the creation of initial floor plan layouts from owner's program. Elevations and sections as required. Preliminary product research. Present layouts to ownership.
- Design Development: Supervise the coordination of consulting engineer's drawings and material selections with guidance from Job Captain / Project Architect.
- Building permit Drawings: Lead the preparation of permit drawings from initial design sketches utilizing correct permit template. Plans, sections, elevations, RCP and schedules as needed. Assist with building permit approval process.
- Bidding/ Negotiation: Lead issuing bid documents to contractors, attend bid walk, respond to questions from bidders.
- Construction Documents Phase: Issue construction documents to construction team.
- Construction Administration Phase: Periodic site visits to confirm work is in conformance with bid documents, on schedule and on budget. Create responses to questions from contractors, reviewing shop drawings, and punch walk in coordination with Construction Manager. Verify payment requests and supervise with project close-out.
Minimum Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Architecture or related field of study.
- Minimum 3-5 Years' experience working on apartment building or multi-family projects
- Strong AutoCAD is desirable, but we will train the right candidate.
- Experience with San Francisco building permit process is preferred
- Must be a good communicator (written and oral) and must be able to maintain effective documentation
- Capability to think critically, solve problems logically and make well-reasoned business decisions
- nowledge of laws and standards that apply to architecture such as local and state building codes. Knowledge of Fair Housing Laws, Landlord-Tenant Law and experience with projects in rent-controlled buildings are a plus.
- Excellent personal leadership skills and proven ability to build, develop and motivate teams.
- Proactive, well-organized and results-oriented with the ability to lead and participate in multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Solid organizational skills including attention to details and multitasking capability
- Exercise significant independent judgement, initiative, responsibility, and accountability
- Strong working knowledge of AutoCAD, Microsoft Word, and Excel
Principals only. Candidates must provide a digital PDF portfolio (not to exceed 10MB). We thank all applicants who have applied however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants should send a resume, portfolio of recent work and cover letter to the email associated with this posting.
Equal opportunity employer. In compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, all qualified applicants will be considered.
Job Type: Full-time