Halyard, Inc seeks designer to work on multi-family design projects throughout San Francisco. This is an entry level position for someone interested in participating in all aspects of design and construction from the planning and layout stage through construction and move-in.
- As-Builts: Lead field surveys to create or verify existing conditions drawings and set up CAD files
- Schematic Design: Lead the creation of initial floor plan layouts from owner's program. Create elevations and sections as required. Preliminary product research.
- Design Development: Lead the coordination of consulting engineer's drawings and material selections with guidance from Job Captain / Project Architect.
- Building permit Drawings: Create permit drawings from initial design sketches utilizing correct permit template. Plans, sections, elevations, RCP and schedules as needed.
- Bidding/ Negotiation: Assist with issuing bid documents to contractors, attend bid walk, respond to questions from bidders.
- Construction Documents Phase: Assist with issuing construction documents to construction team.
- Construction Administration Phase: Periodic site visits to confirm work is in conformance with bid documents, on schedule and on budget. Assist with responses to questions from contractors, reviewing shop drawings, and punch walk. Verify payment requests and assist with project close-out.
Minimum Requirements and Qualifications
- bachelor's or masters degree in Architecture
- 1-3 Years experience working in an architecture office.
- Strong AutoCAD is desirable but we will train the right candidate.
- Experience with San Francisco projects is preferred
- Apartment building or multi-family project experience is preferred.
- Must be a good communicator (written and oral) and must be able to maintain effective documentation
- Capability to think critically, solve problems logically and make well-reasoned business decisions
- Knowledge of laws and standards that apply to architecture such as local and state building codes. Knowledge of Fair Housing Laws, Landlord-Tenant Law and experience with projects in rent-controlled buildings are a plus.
- Proactive, well-organized and results-oriented with the ability to lead and participate in multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Solid organizational skills including attention to details and multitasking capability
- Exercise significant independent judgement, initiative, responsibility, and accountability
- Strong working knowledge of AutoCAD, Microsoft Word, and Excel
Principals only. Candidates must provide a digital PDF portfolio (not to exceed 10MB). We thank all applicants who have applied however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants should send a resume, portfolio of recent work and cover letter to the email associated with this posting.
Halyard, Inc is an equal opportunity employer. In compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, all qualified applicants will be considered.
Job Type: Full-time