Test Engineer, Burnaby, BC, Canada
Location: Burnaby, British Columbia
Ballard has an immediate opening for a Test Engineer in the Systems Engineering Department. The successful candidate will work well with existing engineering staff, is capable of independent work, and will contribute to the development of Ballard’s fuel cell system products.
Areas of responsibility for this position include:
- Creation of test plans, design of experiments, etc. for design verification, component performance evaluation, and characterization of hardware systems and components,
- Operation of test stations for fuel cell systems components,
- Development of system and component test protocols and procedures from component and system requirements documents,
- Writing logical, complete, but concise test reports,
- Assisting in the design of test stations,
- Verification of designs through analysis and testing,
- Troubleshooting/resolution of components and systems,
- Writing/preparation/presentation to the Group of technical presentations, including test procedures, test reports,
- Preparing and/or reviewing technical drawings,
- Assist the Production Team in Factory Acceptance Testing.
Required Skills and Experience
- Must have a technical diploma or engineering degree from a related field,
- Minimum 4 years’ experience testing of hardware components, electrical and mechanical systems,
- Knowledge of electrical/electronic components and their characteristics, applications and limitations,
- Ability to read Process & Instrumentation Diagrams,
- Troubleshooting skills with DMM and oscilloscope,
- High skill with mechanical prototyping tools such as drills, grinders, wrenches,
- Demonstrated capability for critical thinking,
- Excellent time management and organizational skills,
- Strong interpersonal skills,
- Strong oral and written communication skills and good listening skills,
- Ability to work in a multi-functional team environment.
- Knowledge or experience with fuel cell technology
- Ability to create Process & Instrumentation Diagrams
- Experience with testing of PLCs, checking of Alarm & I/O Lists,
- Experience with AutoCAD or similar drafting software ,
- Experience with instrumentation including pressure, temperature and flow measurement devices,
- Experience with LabVIEW software,
- Ability to travel internationally.
Ballard values diversity in the workplace and is committed to Employment Equity. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates.