Research Scientist/Engineer or Technologist, Burnaby, BC Canada
Location: Burnaby, British Columbia
The Research team is looking for an entry level Technologist or Research Scientist/Engineer to join the team and put fuel cells to work.
The successful candidate will support all aspects of MEA (Membrane Electrode Assembly) prototyping in research including anode, cathode and GDL (Gas Diffusion Layer) development activities. Use laboratory skills to prepare samples and conduct measurements; and manage, collect and present data using excel, as well as, complete detailed technical reports as required by the program plans and schedule.
- MEA components prototyping in support of research activities:
- Small scale ink preparation
- Catalyst and GDL sub layer ink coating
- Small scale MEA assembly and lamination
- MEA components properties measurements:
- Ink property measurements (particle size, viscosity, and other rheology tests)
- Coated layer properties measurements (adhesion, diffusivity, permeability, thickness, etc)
- Keyence laser microscope operation
- Technology or Engineering/Science Diploma from a recognized institution in Material Science, Chemistry, or Engineering (additional directly related experience will be considered in lieu of education)
- 1-3 years relevant experience with fuel cell materials, processing and working in a test lab would be a definite asset
- Excellent laboratory techniques
- Strong skills in report writing, communications, and analytical problem solving ability
- Working knowledge of excel
- Willingness to learn new skills, attention to detail and adaptability.
- Some technical training will be provided regarding Ballard lab safety, methodology and measurement techniques.
Ballard values diversity in the workplace and is committed to Employment Equity. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates.