Project Engineer - Maintenance
Location: Burnaby, British Columbia
Ballard’s Operations Team has a position available for a Project Engineer in the Maintenance/Facilities department, based in Burnaby, reporting to the Maintenance and Facilities Manager.
The successful candidate will have the direct responsibility to deliver on multiple projects which generate new infrastructure and capabilities to our operations in 5 Ballard’s locations in Burnaby; including production equipment, services and facilities support systems. The candidate must be strategic in their decision making and have a proven record that showcases this.
- Oversees manufacturing capital programmes of work, budgets and functional activity including business planning, capability development, objective setting, standards and procedures, and provides technical lead.
- Develops project execution strategies and monitors, controls and closes projects to ensure successful implementation within project parameters.
- Improves technology/engineering offering through incremental and step-out changes.
- Encourages creativity in others.
- Ensures compliance with relevant local and national legislative requirements.
- Demonstrates leadership in driving leading EHS standards.
- Actively manages project risks and mitigation plans through all phases.
- Provides regular updates and feedback to core Team members and parties involve in the project.
- Project Management Professional Certification (PMP) and a relevant post-graduate degree preferred.
- 5 – 10 years of progressive experience in manufacturing.
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Track record of delivering results.
- History of effective leadership, with proven teambuilding, coaching and mentoring skills.
- Experience developing business cases for effective decision making.
- Experience leading change in a diverse organization.
- Proven track record of managing complex challenges/situations while continuing to meet deadlines and achieve goals.
- Ballard values diversity in the workplace and is committed to Employment Equity. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates.