Fuel Cell Test Engineer, Burnaby, BC Canada
Location: Burnaby, British Columbia
Ballard’s Stack Test Engineering team has an exciting opportunity for a Fuel Cell Test Engineer in our Burnaby, BC headquarters. As a Stack Test Engineer, you will be looking to find the limits of new fuel cell technology in a world-class test lab, surrounded by industry experts. If you are a highly motivated individual who enjoys the challenge of a fast-paced environment and the satisfaction of taking an idea from concept into production, we want to hear from you!
The Ideal Candidate:
You have a solid understanding of design verification testing, data analysis, mechanical design and statistical methods. You enjoy hands-on work and have strong structured problems solving and troubleshooting skills. Bonus points for understanding of electronics, DFMEA experience, report writing and presentation skills, and Excel VBA or MATLAB programming skills.
- Develop test plans based on a DFMEA
- Collaborate with component owners to develop and refine test methods
- Identify, source and qualify alternative measurement techniques
- Implement system components in stack testing
- Support safety audits of new test setups
- Collaborate with a team of engineers, technicians and technologists to execute a wide variety of tests
- Analyze data, assess conformity of a design to requirements and prepare appropriate reports and/or presentations to support your findings
- Present to internal and external customers
- Work with internal lab equipment support teams to maximize data quality and equipment uptime
- Develop alternative methods to boost test team bandwidth, overcome equipment limitations and explore unexpected results
- B.Sc. degree in Engineering Physics, Mechanical, Chemical, Materials, Fuel Cell or related Engineering program with 1 – 5 years of related experience
- Ability to interpret test data and compare against design objectives
- Familiarity with engineering tools such as design verification planning, tolerance stack-up, structured problem solving and DFMEA
- Strong technical writing skills
- Understanding of fuel cell design and characterization methods
- Strong presentation skills
- Experience with MATLAB and Excel
- Profession Engineering eligibility or certification
Ballard values diversity in the workplace and is committed to Employment Equity. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates.